• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

June 13 - Switzerland vs Croatia and France vs England

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Except the Americans have shown some ability at Football!
i hope thats not aimed at Australia, i believe we beat u poms in england last year. funny that!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In a meaningless friendly.

Firstly half our players were "injured" and secondly the other half disappeared at half time.

Solomon Islands.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
we all know youre better at soccer so ill just say the word cricket. and maybe ashes as well...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
we all know youre better at soccer so ill just say the word cricket. and maybe ashes as well...
Good.

THOSE are the type of memories I like - the times when England were superior to Australia at cricket and 'rescued' the Ashes.

Not what you meant, I know, but better than John Harkes

(rub rub scrape gouge)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
5th Test England vs Australia - The Oval
Eng Won Toss and chose to field

Australia 207 (Ponting 63, Harmison 7-56) & 156 (Harmison 6-35)

England 523 (Vaughan 168, Fintoff 123, Thorpe 82)

England Win By inns and 160 runs
Man of the Match: S J Harmison

England Win Series 5-0
:cool: :cool:
12 months.... :wink:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
:cool: :cool:
12 months.... :wink:
Very nice - but really totally ridiculous, far-fetched and utterly ludicrous - I'm surprised the Aussie fans haven't been screaming at you already for the nonsense.

If you win the toss at The Oval, you bat, of course.

Simon

marc71178 said:
In a meaningless friendly.

Firstly half our players were "injured" and secondly the other half disappeared at half time.

Solomon Islands.
yeh funnily the side that disappeared at halftime were already getting flogged in a meaningless friendly in which you picked ur best players.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
yeh funnily the side that disappeared at halftime were already getting flogged in a meaningless friendly in which you picked ur best players.
They were picked but then all contracted a mystery midweek illness!

Simon

right........

anyway the game is over a year old not worth talking about, i hope we can get another crack at england soon. I think the ASA are trying to organise an Ashes Match every 2 years or something.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
broncoman said:
right........

anyway the game is over a year old not worth talking about, i hope we can get another crack at england soon. I think the ASA are trying to organise an Ashes Match every 2 years or something.
Oh, I don't know. There's a few more years worth of mileage to come out of the rugby world cup, I suppose.

The NZ fans should take the approach the Scottish fans did after beating England at footy a few months after England won the 1966 World Cup.

They decided (independently) that the World Championship from that day on was decided in the same manner as boxing championships (no, I don't mean 36 world champions).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Some of you may have heard this breaking news already.....

".......Following the England v. France game, it is alleged that
a player from the France squad has failed a drugs and alcohol test
yesterday (Monday). If this is confirmed and the result deemed as
'positive' under World Football Federation rules,
paragraph 6 sub section 2e, France will forfeit the first group match
3-0........."

Please see below for the full transcript of this report.........

Carlsberg don't send emails. But if they did they'd probably be the
best emails in the world

(stolen from the Derby County mailing list)

twctopcat

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Except the Americans have shown some ability at Football!
This fact make's it all the more unbearable. Within 15 years they will probably be the world "soccer" champions,horrible thought.