• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

June 13 - Switzerland vs Croatia and France vs England

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
How the hell did we lose that?

Merk bottled it and didn't send off Silvestre.
Beckham blew it and didn't hit the back of the net.
Heskey blew it and made a tackle he didn't need to.
And Gerrard is just a muppet.

twctopcat

International Regular
Beckham, Gerrard and Owen didn't turn up. Lets hope that gives us a kick up the **** we need and we gain revenge later in the tournament.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
Beckham, Gerrard and Owen didn't turn up. Lets hope that gives us a kick up the **** we need and we gain revenge later in the tournament.
Skippy, Gertrude and Grassbox

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sheesh... Oh well in the world of "proper sport" we have a 3-0 win against the Kiwis to celebrate...
Now to clear up all those damn flags :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol, less said about the final 5 minutes the better. Gerrard lost the plot & I guess James had no choice.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I were English, I'd be crying all now. That was about as sad as when the Lakers beat the Spurs in Game 6. So close...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i thoughr rooney was pretty good, he did well to set up the penalty. It was a shame to see england lose. they were the better side. But Zidane showed the advantage of having world class players in the right place at the right time. his free kick was brilliant and his penalty wasnt going anywhere but the back of the net.

England should still be able to recover and make the QF i think.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
incidentally, there is some kind of insane logic behind some, if not all, of the players' names I am using in these reports, e.g. Chat, Sloth, Hubcap, Grassbox etc

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
4 people arrested - that's havoc now is it? 8-)

Geez, it seems no matter how well behaved they are, people will jump on it!
and why are they arrested, cause they cause trouble when england loose or sometimes before the game even starts

no one should get arrested mate!

Cloete

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
incidentally, there is some kind of insane logic behind some, if not all, of the players' names I am using in these reports, e.g. Chat, Sloth, Hubcap, Grassbox etc
The Russian keepers name was the best... he must be on some sort of hair greese sponsorship.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cloete said:
The Russian keepers name was the best... he must be on some sort of hair greese sponsorship.
I preferred
a) The Swiss referee - 'Kukuclok' (obvious - Swiss, timekeeper)
b) Emile Heskey - 'Weeble' (like those kids wibbly-wobbly toys)
c) Silvestre - 'Chat' (if we have 'Sylvester the cat', we must have 'Silvestre le chat'
d) Michael Owen - 'Grassbox' (If you're M Owen the lawn, where do you collect the cuttings?)

Cloete

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
I preferred
a) The Swiss referee - 'Kukuclok' (obvious - Swiss, timekeeper)
b) Emile Heskey - 'Weeble' (like those kids wibbly-wobbly toys)
c) Silvestre - 'Chat' (if we have 'Sylvester the cat', we must have 'Silvestre le chat'
d) Michael Owen - 'Grassbox' (If you're M Owen the lawn, where do you collect the cuttings?)
have no idea what a weeble is....

i got the kukoclock one though, was quite good.

maybe you should explain your french reasonings and your random one's that not many people can think of :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cloete said:
have no idea what a weeble is....

i got the kukoclock one though, was quite good.

maybe you should explain your french reasonings and your random one's that not many people can think of :p
Nope - and I'm not going to tell you about weebles either. I don't teach my granny to suck googles.

Anyway, the spontaneity has gone, and I've got bored with the idea of match reports. DD's WC2003 stuff was good because that was fun (a few notes, a few anecdotes, a pile of bull) - last night I ended up producing more-or-less a 'proper' match report, and that wasn't the idea in the first place.

Too much like hard work - and I ended up missing huge wodges of the England v CESM (cheese-eating surrender-monkeys) game last night just re-wording funnies. And the names took hours. And I'm starving but I'm on a diet.

I hate everyone.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I may have set a record for most expletives in a minute last night.

I really can not believe what happened... can appreciate what the Bayern fans felt in 1999.