• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

June 13 - Portugal vs Greece and Spain vs Russia

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
June 12 - Portugal vs Greece and Spain vs Russia

well the competition kicks off today. we can use this thread to talk about day 1 matches.....

The 2 favourites should win. but im predicting Russia to take a shock early lead against spain, but a couple of late ones should be enough.

what does everyone else think???

Last edited:

Waughney

International Debutant
Pretty much the same, there is a good chance that Russia will take a shock early lead but I don't think its going to happen.
Spain: 2 Russia: 1
Portugal: 2 Greece: 0

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Should be easy for the Spaniards and Portugese, but Portugal are actually my tips for the flops of the Tournament with the home pressure and the aging squad...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
My eyes are so bad now that I find it very difficult to separate an 'i' from an 'n' when they are typed together.

Consequently, I'm going for a shock - Russia to lose to Spam.

And the other game to be funny as well.

Cloete

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
My eyes are so bad now that I find it very difficult to separate an 'i' from an 'n' when they are typed together.

Consequently, I'm going for a shock - Russia to lose to Spam.

And the other game to be funny as well.
hm... taking things a bit too far there i think Eddy ;).

Spain should beat Russia but Greece might jsut surprise Portugal.

Spain's only problem might be the experienced Russians pointing out soem flaws in their defence, don't think they have what it takes to win but I think some teams might want video footage if it does happen!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cloete said:
hm... taking things a bit too far there i think Eddy ;)
Me? Never!

(walks away, wondering if Cloete got the 'SPAM' gag or not. If he did, the joke's definitely on me)

Simon

luckyeddie said:
Me? Never!

(walks away, wondering if Cloete got the 'SPAM' gag or not. If he did, the joke's definitely on me)
lol eddie, i undertsand ya mate ;)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i think the 2 favs will dominate proceedings early on.

spain and portugal to go through tonight, 2morrow morning untouched and clean sheets for keepers

Simon

seeing as though we are all tipping portugal and spain, its safe to go and put some money on the other 2 then!

in all seriousness, if any group could see upsets its this one. Spain and portugal arent exactly famous for bringing their best football to major tournaments. Greece beat Spain in qualifying and Russia arent exactly the worst side.

Rich2001

International Captain
Portugal 0 v Greece 1 - Half Time

7th Minute:

GOAL - Karagounis gives the Greeks a shock lead with a superb low shot into the bottom right corner from the edge of the box to stun the home fans

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I reckon it will get silly before it ends. The guy who just got 'clipped' (known in the trade as 'missed') by Figo rolled over EIGHT times before Collina let him know that he was being ignored.

And now Greece make it 2-0 from the spot

Rich2001

International Captain
Portugal 0 v Greece 2

PENALTY: Ronaldo brings down Giourkas Seitaridis inside the box and Collina points to the spot...

GOAL: Greece go 2-0 up with Angelos Basinas superbly converting from the penalty spot to leave Portugal with a real battle on their hands

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rich2001 said:
Portugal 0 v Greece 2

PENALTY: Ronaldo brings down Giourkas Seitaridis inside the box and Collina points to the spot...

GOAL: Greece go 2-0 up with Angelos Basinas superbly converting from the penalty spot to leave Portugal with a real battle on their hands
You mis-spelled GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ha Ha Ha, i hope the diving cheating girly wuss cries at the end. He couldn;t just take his earings out, no he'd look to manly, so he taped over them with bright white tape.

And those boots! Ponce

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
<quack>

I enjoyed that game, well-refereed by Pierluigi Skeletor

Good performance came from Art Deco for the Portuguese - but what on earth were they doing accepting a Jermaine Pennant from them before the game? ("Beware of Greeks bearing gifts". Everyone knows that).

Man of the Match - Kikiminthebolux (Greece)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:
Ha Ha Ha, i hope the diving cheating girly wuss cries at the end. He couldn;t just take his earings out, no he'd look to manly, so he taped over them with bright white tape.

And those boots! Ponce
Not a Manure fan, then?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:

And those boots! Ponce
Roy Keane doesn't play for Portugal.