• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Joe Root is number one

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Fully deserved, and only one point off his highest ever rating - the form he's in you'd back him to top that mark soon.

It seems surprising that this is the first time he's been the number one ranked Test batsman for nearly six years, but then when you think about the level Smith, Kohli and Williamson have been batting at during that time period it's less so. We're lucky to have all four of them.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah I remember when we had Sachin and Lara and we all thought it was so great that we had two ATGs. Now we have 4.

Smith easily the best, but Virat has slipped down and both Root and KW are climbing. I think Virat will be back with a vengeance soon too, so it will be fun to follow again.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Root definitely deserves this though. Has been batting at a different level to others in most of the tests he has played this year. Amazing.

Flem274*

123/5
That's exactly what it looks like actually, especially in comparison to his own teammates.*

*probably because if it were 2010, his fellow batsmen would all be FC journeymen.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well deserved.

Not only is he making big runs while everyone including the opposition crumbles, he's doing it in incredibly quick time too. Immense.

Chrish

International Debutant
Yeah I remember when we had Sachin and Lara and we all thought it was so great that we had two ATGs. Now we have 4.
Apart from Smith, I honestly don’t think others are SRT/ Lara caliber.. May be it’s just me. Kohli played few miraculous innings during his peak but he has regressed far too much. Same goes for Root who is starting to turn it around but he will have to keep doing this for few years. Williamson’s away record leaves far too much to be desired. And he doesn’t play that many games either so it will be difficult to turn it around.

In before Slifer and Jedi Brah proclaim Smith has already suppressed every modern batsman.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Apart from Smith, I honestly don’t think others are SRT/ Lara caliber.. May be it’s just me. Kohli played few miraculous innings during his peak but he has regressed far too much. Same goes for Root who is starting to turn it around but he will have to keep doing this for few years. Williamson’s away record leaves far too much to be desired. And he doesn’t play that many games either so it will be difficult to turn it around.

In before Slifer and Jedi Brah proclaim Smith has already suppressed every modern batsman.

I have not seen a better batsman than Lara yet, personally. Does not mean the fab 4 can't or won't be ATGs though. ?

TheJediBrah

When they tried to cancel Ellen I always knew it wouldn't stick
Thanks for the shout out, don't know about suppressing anyone but he's surpassed them all

flibbertyjibber

He has taken his game to a new level and looks great and deserves to be ranked number 1, the key is keeping it going for the rest of this year into next though because if he doesn't we will get smashed in Australia.

trundler

The phrases 'no ****' and 'well duh' immediately came to mind when I read the thread title. Well deserved. Pretty awesome to watch this.

TheJediBrah

He has taken his game to a new level and looks great and deserves to be ranked number 1, the key is keeping it going for the rest of this year into next though because if he doesn't we will get smashed in Australia.
I think he might have a bit of a Vaughan 2002-03 series. Obviously a better player than Vaughan was but both in incredible form in a weak batting line up.