• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jasprit Bumrah v. Colin Croft

Choose the better test bowler

• Jasprit Bumrah

• Colin Croft

Results are only viewable after voting.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ever since Bumrah emerged with potential to be India's first true great pace bowler, I have wanted to see how he crosses other greats. I would have loved to do a Bumrah v. Holding once Bumrah had played 50+ tests. But given his long injury, I will have to wait for that one. However, what about comparing him with another great pace bowler from the West Indian Assembly line that lasted ~3 decades?

Stats for reference:

1680095195557.png

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I've picked Bumrah - he's one hell of a bowler but like so many fast bowlers, injuries are proving to be a real issue, particularly with his unorthodox action.

I loved Croft as a bowler - genuinely hostile and menacing, you often thought he was more concerned with hitting the batsmen rather than get him out. His run up directly behind the umpire and at the last second he darted out wide and bowled short and fast at the batsmen.

I'll never forget the time in NZ when an umpire hadn't given Croft a few decisions and he barged straight into the umpire instead of darting out.

Genuinely shocking but also quite funny.