• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Norwood

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Signing a new contract, because he loves the ****ing whites, you heard it here first you bunch of ****s

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No, was rumoured to be confirmed yesterday but didn't happen. Hence me having Tranmere tweet notifications on and receiving play by play updates of a youth team game in the Cheshire Senior Cup last night. Hopefully it's announced in the next day or two.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Norwood was trending in Australia yesterday. Can only assume the news of the impending deal was the talk of the country.

andmark

International Captain
I'm hoping he moves across Merseyside to the second best team in the region who would then become the best team of the county (and the world for that matter). Come on Jimmy!

Burgey

Sad news, but like you said to me the other day, you cant' blame him for going after big coin which Tranmere can't match.

Burgey

Or, to look at it another way, the market has decided, so stiff **** to all Tranmere fans.

morgieb

Yeah, I don't really know much about the sport in general but I thought if he left he'd trade up more than this. I guess he's trading up in cash but still.
Ipswich still a significantly bigger club than Tranmere, but still strange move.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Three year contract, £250k signing on fee, £9k/week, rising to £13k if they go up.

We offered a two year deal (longest we do) somewhere in the region of 3-4k. That’s enormous for Tranmere.

If you remove money from the equation I don’t think he ever leaves. He took the club to heart. But he’d be an idiot to turn down that money, especially at his age.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, the lad had to take it really. Sadly.

Football is a short career, and he's closer to the end of his than the beginning. Got to earn and save as much money as he can before his number is up, especially as he's spent almost his entire career thus far playing in the bottom divisions (i.e. earning barely anything).

What a signing he was for Tranmere though. Acquired on a free and 80+ goals in a handful of seasons. Relatively speaking, you'd be hard pushed to find a better signing than that made by any team in the country.