• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jack Leach out of the Ashes

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
oh dear, will we go for Moeen, shame Ahmed has been in such terrible form.

Nicky

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
1. Duckett
2. Ali
3. Pope
4. Root
5. Brook
6. Stokes
7. Bairstow
8. Robinson
9. Woakes/Tongue
10. Broad
11. Anderson

I know this won't happen, but I'd be happy to see Ali open & be the main spin bowler for England again! That would be a pretty strong XI!

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
isn't stokes hoping to be fit to bowl for the ashes ?
'Hoping' maybe.

Last I heard he said he thought he would be able to do some bowling in the series. To me that doesn't sound like he'll be fully fit for the first Test.

grecian

Dawson a better option than both of these.

None of them are really viable in a 4 man attack though.
Yeah this is the problem really, Bess has been shocking recently. I think Root will just have to be the spinner, unless Moeen will come back. I too would love the Beard back for Crawley and get a none bowling Stokes to open, but that ain't going to happen.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
This is a real blow - he's far and away our best spinner.

I don't know what it is with The Ashes but we always seem to have so many injuries.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dawson a better option than both of these.

None of them are really viable in a 4 man attack though.
Dawson probably the most feasible option (if McCullum and Stokes don't wanna bend the knee to Mo or Rashid) which is pretty depressing.

Imagine we'll call up a twirler to the squad and then go with four seamers anyway.

grecian

Dawson is such an unsexy cricketer, but yeah he took 6 in his last innings probably should be next in line as uninspiring as is.

Pothas

Anderson, Broad, Robinson and Wood looks really good and would make me feel far better about Stokes not bowling.....but Root being the only spin option might negate all that.