• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

is the olympics becoming...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Don't know if it's becoming that, but I could never live with myself if i had a gold medal stashed away that was won by cheating.. That would live with me for the rest of my life...

I guess the games is all about the World in unity... But world and unity are oxymorons at the moment.. it doesnt interest me a great deal, because not many of the column inches these days aren't actually about pride/competition...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the sad thing is that there are a small number of atheletes who have won gold medals by cheating and have no problems having it in the cupboard knowing they didnt deserve it. but i wouldnt say the olympics is becoming a competition of the best chemists, because i dont think a high number of atheletes are on drugs....

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeah i can attest to that.Most of them are from the US.The number of people from other countries on the juice would be quite few i think.

Waughney

International Debutant
Yeah, I was talking more about atheletes who have won gold medals by cheating and have no problems having it in the cupboard knowing they didnt deserve it.

Simon

oh ok, i get ya now, yeh theres plenty of them floating around, the chienese too....

PY

International Coach
It could be all about people's chemists in a legal fashion as well.

The supplements that all these athletes take could make all the difference between failing and winning a medal.

Simon

that doesnt bother me, because the ones that are legal are available to everyone....

Craig

World Traveller
Wasn't there a East Germany middle distance runner who once tested positive because he claimed 'his tooth pase was spiked'?

I laughed when I read that one.