• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is ODI WC (92,2019 format) more competitive than Football World Cup ?

Is ODI WC (92,19 format) more competitive?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
A tournament can have same winner multiple times and still be competitive. For eg. WC 87,99,03 and 15 were highly entertaining even though Aus won all of them .
There are 64 matches in this FIFA World Cup and 48 matches were in 19 ODI WC . In which sports do you think more percentage of match would be closely fought ?
Of course football by miles. I know England scored 6 today and Germany got 7 against Brazil in 2014, but those are anomalies. Afghanistan got consistently thrashed in the 2019 CWC, as did Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka in 1992. England even thrashed Australia in the 2019 semis.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TJB you don’t understand footy which is fine. Always find it strange insecure alphas swing their dicks over which sports they like. Benchmark used to do it too. Such a strange thing to try and own on.
my **** is too big to understand it

trundler

Most sports are dumb and terrible except cricket which I coincidentally grew up with.

trundler

It's how I was raised. If I tried to play soccer when I was a kid my dad would have made me wear a skirt, and rightly so
You forgot to mention that you turned out ok.

Funnily enough, volleyball is pretty popular in the countryside here and I've heard people who play it deride cricket for being feminine.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Rugby is currently more competitive than cricket too.
T 20 format is argubly the most competitive team sport going around globally atm.

No side looked as bad as Qatar or Iran in the world cup we saw in Australia.

Edit: just saw the thread is about odis just scratch my above point.