• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Chris Gayle some sort of perverted misogynist or can everyone just settle down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smash84

The Tiger King
i tried looking up the video but couldn't find it. Also wanted to see his previous instance of harassing anchors on air in 2014. Couldn't find that either.

But yeah his brain seems to lie below the waist, not above it

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Undoubtedly Gayle is some sort of perverted misogynist, though I do also think it wouldn't be the worst thing if everyone just settled down a tad.

smash84

The Tiger King
he is probably a perverted lover of women rather than a perverted misogynist. Seems to love women so much he can't control himself

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Will he have to appear contrite on camera now (in front of every sponsor's logo) and apologise for his misdemeanour before donating half of his appearance fee to some feminist group? FMD

thierry henry

International Coach
Employing a relatively less-qualified person/relatively less-qualified people on the basis of their gender and ***-appeal seems to me to fit the definition of ***ism relatively well.

Hitting on someone at the wrong time may well be inappropriate without revealing misogyny or ***ism i.e. it does not infer a dislike or disdain for women or a bias against them.

.....and now I await the feminist academics of CW (of which I am aware there are surprisingly many) to have a field-day with this.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hitting on someone at the wrong time may well be inappropriate without revealing misogyny or ***ism i.e. it does not infer a dislike or disdain for women or a bias against them.

.....and now I await the feminist academics of CW (of which I am aware there are surprisingly many) to have a field-day with this.
Maybe not, but building a strip club in your own house kinda does imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
Will he have to appear contrite on camera now (in front of every sponsor's logo) and apologise for his misdemeanour before donating half of his appearance fee to some feminist group? FMD
yeah man he's the real victim here right

Spark

Global Moderator
No one is a "victim" here. But I'd wager he'll be forced to apologise.
nah the reporter who was more or less ***ually harrassed on national live tv is just making a fuss right

like how dare someone apologise when they've made someone incredibly uncomfortable in front of an audience of a million people. truly the end of western society as we know it.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
i do actually find these sorts of discussions insightful, insofar as you realise where people's priorities lie.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
nah the reporter who was more or less ***ually harrassed on national live tv is just making a fuss right
Yeah, I do think that's going ott. Gayle was crass, inappropriate and stupid but labelling what he did as ***ual harassment kinda devalues the term imo.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
She hasn't made a fuss has she? Channel 10 "made a fuss", and now everyone's jumped on the bandwagon on social media. "Big Bash is for families, OMG he can't say she has nice eyes or ask her out for a drink". Nekminnit, 10 is advertising some fantasy murder fest or depraved ***ual killers being hunted by amazing CSI workers or whatever. But, y'know, the kids.

smash84

The Tiger King
Should we also bring in the racism element?

This is only happening to him because he is a black man?

Spark

Global Moderator
Should we also bring in the racism element?

This is only happening to him because he is a black man?
i find the idea that this is happening because of ~cultural differences~ kind of dire tbh. sometimes a bloke is just a ****, culture or not.

Yeah, I do think that's going ott. Gayle was crass, inappropriate and stupid but labelling what he did as ***ual harassment kinda devalues the term imo.
i disagree, but ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.