• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Ben Stokes the best cricketer ever in the whole world?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The old football chant about wives and ginger hair seems apt right now.

Total genius and better than Flintoff.

trundler

I'm serious, this has to put him with Miller and Botham. Guy has as much x factor as anyone's ever had. So yes.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The depth in allrounders is probably the best since the big 4 of the 80s (plus Rice and Procter) - Shakib, Holder, Stokes, the 2 Ravis and CDG. All are special in their own way.

trundler

He did take 3 wickets and was bowled into the ground in the second dig. Leaks run and bowls boundary balls but steps up when required. Has his flaws, of course but I'm talking about the X factor.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
He did take 3 wickets and was bowled into the ground in the second dig. Leaks run and bowls boundary balls but steps up when required. Has his flaws, of course but I'm talking about the X factor.
Yeah, no doubt about the X factor

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'm serious, this has to put him with Miller and Botham. Guy has as much x factor as anyone's ever had. So yes.
He's played the same amount of tests as Miller now. I'd put him under Miller as Miller was his equal with the bat, arguably better, and Miller was a significantly, unarguably, better bowler than Stokes.

Kirkut

International Regular
He's unlucky to be playing in an era when spectator sports popularity is declining. Imagine his aura before social media era, infectious aura.