• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Draft 2016

Howsie

International Captain
Not really disagreeing but "No. 5 ranked" doesn't necessarily mean he's actually the 5th best batsman in the world

btw IIRC Aaron Finch didn't get chosen either (may be wrong) and he's the no. 1 ranked batsman and has much stronger T20 credentials than Guptill

edit: just looked up the T20 batting rankings and they are an absolute joke. No. 8, 9, 10 are Masakadza, Mohammad Shahzad and some guy called MDKJ Perera. Is anyone actually going to think these guys are better than Smith, de Villiers, McCullum, Warner, Maxwell etc?

cliffs: Don't read too much into T20 player rankings
Maybe not de Villers or McCullum, but Steve Smith? Wouldn't be hard to believe.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe not de Villers or McCullum, but Steve Smith? Wouldn't be hard to believe.
just ignorance on your part

Smith would likely easily be one of the top 5 T20 batsmen in the world.

likely better than Warner or McCullum tbh

91Jmay

International Coach
That is one of the most astonishingly stupid things I've read on here. Steve Smith is likely a good T20 batsmen, but McCullum + Warner are two of the best ever. ****ing ridiculous comment.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is one of the most astonishingly stupid things I've read on here. Steve Smith is likely a good T20 batsmen, but McCullum + Warner are two of the best ever. ****ing ridiculous comment.
Lol no.

He'd be pretty comfortably better right now. And over the last year and a bit. Problem is he's played like 3 T20 Internationals in that time so it's not surprising that so much ignorance is on display regarding it, and I don't really blame any casual fans for not knowing it.

cnerd123

likes this
Lol no.

He'd be pretty comfortably better right now. And over the last year and a bit. Problem is he's played like 3 T20 Internationals in that time so it's not surprising that so much ignorance is on display regarding it, and I don't really blame any casual fans for not knowing it.
5/10 effort.