• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Auction

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As if Badree is sitting out. There's too many batsmen in RCB and not enough quality bowling. Watson might be left out imo.

Daemon

Mills will be getting around $5k per ball bowled if he bowls four overs per game.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Will players still get paid if they pick up an injury and are forced to sit out? For someone with back pain like him, hope he doesn't hide an injury for a payout and gets forced to retire.

Daemon

Will players still get paid if they pick up an injury and are forced to sit out? For someone with back pain like him, hope he doesn't hide an injury for a payout and gets forced to retire.
I think you get paid only if you're available for selection, so I'm guessing no. There must be some sort of base salary worked into the contract though, idk.

Niall

International Coach
I would just drop Gayle tbh
I think so also.

He will have a few games where he runs riot, but he certainly is not the player he once was.

Looking at the supposed side they will play, Watson will have to play, Negi is not someone I trust for 4 overs.

Obviously AB as well he is AB and Mills when you look at his fee has to play.

The concern for me is the Indian bowlers aren't great bar Chahal, I'd like another overseas bowler alongside Mills.

The batting is no longer insanely reliant on Gayle as they have some good non AB/Kohli batting options.

TheJediBrah

Does Mills have to play? Just because they spent so much on him doesn't mean he's in the best 4 overseas players, or part of the best team they can put forward.

Another question, if a player hardly plays during the season do they still get paid their full fee?

edit: looking at the squad I guess he might have to play just because they have no decent fast bowlers, except maybe Watto. Badree not playing seems ridiculous though.

As if Badree is sitting out. There's too many batsmen in RCB and not enough quality bowling. Watson might be left out imo.
Not enough quality bowling so leave out one of their best bowlers?

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Does Mills have to play? Just because they spent so much on him doesn't mean he's in the best 4 overseas players, or part of the best team they can put forward.
When you consider how ****e their fast bowling Indian options are, yeah he has to.

Daemon

Not enough quality bowling so leave out one of their best bowlers?
Badree's better though, and since Gayle and AB are a crowd pullers I suspect Watto will be left out. At least for the first couple of games.

Like someone said earlier though it makes more cricketing sense to drop Gayle and keep Watson.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I am guessing Gayle AB Watto and Mills to play the first match. After poor form by Gayle and the Indian bowlers in the first 2-3 matches, Gayle will be dropped and Badree will be brought in his place.

TheJediBrah

Badree's better though, and since Gayle and AB are a crowd pullers I suspect Watto will be left out. At least for the first couple of games.

Like someone said earlier though it makes more cricketing sense to drop Gayle and keep Watson.
Watson would be just about as valuable as Mills as a bowler alone though. I understand why you can see it potentially happening, but leaving him out would be insane

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli has a big influence on RCB's auction. I am guessing it was Kohli who wanted Mills in his team. Let's not underestimate Mills here. His variations are handy.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
For me Mumbai Indians is the team to beat.

Their bowling is super strong.

Mind you last time Malinga was injured and there was no Mitch Johnson.All they had was Southee and Mitch McClenghan

And they have a much improved Bumrah,perhaps India's best T20 bowler and there's Hardik Pandya who is good decent all rounder.

Lasith Malinga
Mitchell Johnson who had a wonderful BBL
Jasprit Bumrah
Harbhajan Singh
Hardik Pandya

Part time options in,

Pollard,Rohit,Krunal etc..

If Asela gets picked he also can roll his arm over

Daemon

Mind you last time Malinga was injured and there was no Mitch Johnson.All they had was Southee and Mitch McClenghan

And they have a much improved Bumrah,perhaps India's best T20 bowler and there's Hardik Pandya who is good decent all rounder.

Lasith Malinga
Jasprit Bumrah
Harbhajan Singh
Hardik Pandya

Part time options in,

Pollard playing will unfortunately hurt their chances. He'll bat 6 and make a 40(20) in one game and **** all the rest. Will also bowl 2 overs for 20 every game. Hopefully Guna or Simmons play instead.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Lasith Malinga
Jasprit Bumrah
Harbhajan Singh
Hardik Pandya

Part time options in,

Malinga is starting to resemble Ranatunga with hair tints