• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Introduce yourself

Piper

International Captain
Taylor said:
Hello im Jamie. Im from England, and I run the newly created Extra Cover website.

Things will be added in more detail in the coming months, along with our sim league kicking off soon.

Looks a good place here, and hopefully I'll have enough time to stick around. :D
Hey Jamie, glad u could join... My names Sam and dont let these guys bully u ok? :p

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Piper said:
Hey Jamie, glad u could join... My names Sam and dont let these guys bully u ok? :p
dont worry mate, we wont bully you. if we all bullied you, whod be there to bully piper?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Everybody

My name is SJS-rare

I am a reincarnation of a character called SJS(superwehla) who used to frequent these 'corridors' in the not so distant past.

In my new incarnation (avataar is the correct hindi word for incarnation for the uninitiated), I have been appointed Area Director for Asian Region in addition to my earlier duties as Managing Director of the Indian company (which I had founded myself).

I am afraid, in my new avataar I will be extremely, extremely busy for, the next three years at a minimum. which will make it impossible to continue to spend so much time in this great place, the CW. This is my only regret about the new development in my life which has me in a heighterned state of excitement at present for it is a HUGE challenge. I am thrilled and all plans of an early retirement and retiring to the mountains have been shelved.

The details of my new assignement and all that it entails are too much for this forum and inappropriate AND CONFIDENTIAL. But the only negative outcome is that I wont be here much, if at all in the days, weeks, months ahead.

Before a smart alec jumps on me with his wit on this comment, let me clarify that the negative and sad qualification for my becoming rare on these lovely precincts is nagative and sad from my point of view alone.

I fully appreciate that this must be a cause for celeberation in the streets and a happy occasion that at last you get rid of an opinionated, irritable, long-winded, pompous old so-and-so !!

I will miss you guys.

:confused: :confused:

- sjs (on short vacation in London)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Very sad to hear, SJS - what shall happen to your thriving enterprise on CC, where you compare players?

Good luck in your future roles, and hopefully we see you back here sooner rather than later.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
Very sad to hear, SJS - what shall happen to your thriving enterprise on CC, where you compare players?

Good luck in your future roles, and hopefully we see you back here sooner rather than later.
I would like to keep in touch by contributing more regularly to the articles on the CW. I have been extremely lazy in doing that.

I would feel very fulfilled if I could contribute an article every 4-6 weeks.

Sudeep

International Captain
SJS said:
Hi Everybody

My name is SJS-rare

I am a reincarnation of a character called SJS(superwehla) who used to frequent these 'corridors' in the not so distant past.

In my new incarnation (avataar is the correct hindi word for incarnation for the uninitiated), I have been appointed Area Director for Asian Region in addition to my earlier duties as Managing Director of the Indian company (which I had founded myself).

I am afraid, in my new avataar I will be extremely, extremely busy for, the next three years at a minimum. which will make it impossible to continue to spend so much time in this great place, the CW. This is my only regret about the new development in my life which has me in a heighterned state of excitement at present for it is a HUGE challenge. I am thrilled and all plans of an early retirement and retiring to the mountains have been shelved.

The details of my new assignement and all that it entails are too much for this forum and inappropriate AND CONFIDENTIAL. But the only negative outcome is that I wont be here much, if at all in the days, weeks, months ahead.

Before a smart alec jumps on me with his wit on this comment, let me clarify that the negative and sad qualification for my becoming rare on these lovely precincts is nagative and sad from my point of view alone.

I fully appreciate that this must be a cause for celeberation in the streets and a happy occasion that at last you get rid of an opinionated, irritable, long-winded, pompous old so-and-so !!

I will miss you guys.

:confused: :confused:

- sjs (on short vacation in London)
:( :shocking: :scared: :shock: :wallbash: :no: :crybaby: :sadwalk:

What will happen to us?!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
:( :shocking: :scared: :shock: :wallbash: :no: :crybaby: :sadwalk:

What will happen to us?!
I have informed the global management that I wish to overhaul the entire Asian organistaion so there might be opportunities for bright ?, influential ?, qualified ? young?men like you from Seoul to Sydney !!!

Always think of the up-side :)

Sudeep

International Captain
SJS said:
I have informed the global management that I wish to overhaul the entire Asian organistaion so there might be opportunities for bright ?, influential ?, qualified ? young?men like you from Seoul to Sydney !!!

Always think of the up-side :)
Ah ha... :cool:

But still, :no:.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
Hi there everyone, im Andrew.

Im 19 and am from Auckland, New Zealand. I have been crazy about cricket since i was a wee fella and currently play senior club cricket. I am studying Politics and International Business at Auckland University. I have just joined CW writing for the front page, which will be a great experience.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SJS said:
I would feel very fulfilled if I could contribute an article every 4-6 weeks.
From what I remember of that first article, it would be a very welcome addition.

_Ed_

Marmers87 said:

Im 19 and am from Auckland, New Zealand. I have been crazy about cricket since i was a wee fella and currently play senior club cricket. I am studying Politics and International Business at Auckland University. I have just joined CW writing for the front page, which will be a great experience.
I'm doing Politics at Auckland too! I'm doing 106 (International Relations), 107 (NZ Politics) and 233 (Tabloid News). You in any of those classes?

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
Did 107 last year, and will do Media and Propaganda next term. Didn't realise Tabloid News was only in sem 1! Really wanted to do it as well..

Last edited:

_Ed_

Tabloid News has been a bit disappointing, I was really looking forward to it. Turned out to be mainly about the ethics of that sort of news and stuff, was alright at first but got a bit tedious.

Doing European Union and NZ Parties and Elections next semester. Looking forward to the NZ paper, I think Raymond Miller's a really good lecturer.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
He is definately a notch above the others I've encountered. In fact I would take it because of his style alone, it wasn't my intention to be interested in NZ Politics but i will take some of his papers in the future for sure. Hopefully Media and Prop will be good tho.

andyc

firstly sjs, congratulations on your new position, awesome news for you and your family, and i wish you good luck in it for the future as it obviously means a lot to you

it is, however, sad to see a poster of your calibre go, or even come less frequently. i've always enjoyed reading your posts, and i'm sure there isn't a member here that would disagree with me. your posts have been funny, knowledgeable and insightful, whether it be cricket-based or otherwise, and you've made some awesome threads. see you mate

Last edited:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ My thoughts exactly... its a sad news without doubt.. but for your own good and happiness i guess.. although im sure you can try and logon to CW when your bored waiting for interconnecting flights at the airport etc ;)

Welcome Andrew.. What grade and club mate?