• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International or FC players you have played against?

Flem274*

123/5
Asking this question because my Dad told me last night he played against a few England players in his time, a wicket keeper and a fast bowler, though he can't remember who they are. (Also found out that Andrew Caddick was supposedly a kiwi, if thats true I'm furious that he didn't play for us). Have you played against any international or FC cricketers?

I can't say I've played against any from the top grade but in schoolboy cricket I have played alongside some of the guys that were selected to go on a tour to England last school holidays (I think it was called the wanderers tour).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Matthew Phelps (NSW), Jamie Heath (NSW and WA [i think]). Only bowled in the nets with Phelps. Played 5th Grade game with Heath.

Also played a 5th Grade game against a side that had Jon Hastings, Steve O'Keefe and Jarrad Burke. I think O'Keefe played Twenty20 for NSW. Burke and Hastings have played 2nd XI for NSW as well.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Internationals that I can recall right away.

• Bishen Bedi
  • Mohinder Amarnath
  • Surinder Amarnath
  • Madan Lal
  • Manoj Prabhakar
  • Kirti Azad
  • Raman Lamba
  • Rakesh Shukla
  • Atul Wassan
  • Sunil Walson
  • Gursharan Singh
  • Arun Lal
  • Sanjeev Sharma
  • Rajinder Goel
  • Vijay Mehra

All Delhi/North Zone cricketers where I played all my cricket.

First class cricketers too many to name.:)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Internationals that I can recall right away.

• Bishen Bedi
  • Mohinder Amarnath
  • Surinder Amarnath
  • Madan Lal
  • Manoj Prabhakar
  • Kirti Azad
  • Raman Lamba
  • Rakesh Shukla
  • Atul Wassan
  • Sunil Walson
  • Gursharan Singh
  • Arun Lal
  • Sanjeev Sharma
  • Rajinder Goel
  • Vijay Mehra

All Delhi/North Zone cricketers where I played all my cricket.

First class cricketers too many to name.:)
To that list you can add

• Chetan Chauhan
  • RS Ghai
  • Ashok Malhotra
  • Yashpal Sharma
  • Randhir Singh
  • Abbas Ali Baig
  • Prakash Bhandari
  • Maninder Singh
  • Ramesh Saxena

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very impressive SJS, did you happen to play any First Class cricket yourself?

iamdavid

International Debutant
Matthew Wade (Tasmania/Victoria/Aus U19/Emerging Aus keeper and batsman)..dunno if he's actually played FC cricket yet but he will.
I was a net bowler to the Indians before the PM's XI in 2004, got to bowl to Balaji, Agarkar and Sehwag lol.
Phillip Hughes who was also in the Aus emerging players side, Im pretty sure I bowled to him at the U15 nationals in 04.
Edit and Jamie How (NZL).

andyc

Played with Atul Wassan in a sixes tournament, and played against a former Sri Lankan opener whose name alludes me in an other sixes tournament. Would've had him out too, had either me or the keeper gone for the top edge instead of letting it fall in between us. Think that's it, have been at tournaments with Viv Richards, Doug Walters, Tom Hogan, Kalu and some others, but actually never got a game against their teams.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Played against John Crawley years back during his lancashire days, playing for an MCC side against the school. Think he was coming back from injury at the time. Needless to say, far better than anyone else on the pitch

stumpski

International Captain
Waiting for Heath to respond to this one ...

My ineptitude as a cricketer is rivalled by very few, but I played in my Dad's work team with a guy called Jakobson who'd played for Oxford Univerity in the early 60s, and I once got a first-baller from someone called Badenhorst who we were told had played professionally in South Africa. If it was this chap, I'm not surprised I never saw it. Not even fast-medium!

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I've faced a bloke called Surender Dayma who I'm fairly sure has played FC cricket and scored a 100 as well. My mate bowled him, and I faced his 'medium' pace, which was faster than anything I've ever faced before.

I've also played with a lad called Gareth Phillips who I'm pretty sure will play FC cricket when he's older, and maybe even England.

On the other hand, I've played with countless numbers of National League 1 hockey players, and once or twice ex-international hockey players, including a guy called David Cutter who used to play for Wales.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
played with Ryan LeLoux and Grant Elliot (Both friendlies)
played against a whole bunch of Holland players ofcourse, and played against Enoch Nkwe

and next season i'll play alongside Jarrod Englefield :)

HeathDavisSpeed

Any footage of you actually bowling Heath?
There must be somewhere.... There's some film kicking around of a friendly game I played last year between a local Wellingtonian team and one from Queensland, played in the Hutt Valley, for sure. Don't think it's top notch, though a single broadcast camera unit (normally used for Heartlands) was used to record it. Sad to say, Heath had very little success.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
As close as it gets for me is playing against someone who plays for South Wingfield in Derbyshire - I remember getting his outside edge once and the keeper catching it, I went wild