• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain 2009 - News & Screenshots

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
not really tailender. autoplay gets cut out EVERY single time theres a highlight or wicket! grrrrr.

the game is exactly the same as previous years. just more slower and clunky. the match physics often don't connect up either (like bat not connecting ball etc.). it's really annoying for me cause you have to spend every over changing EVERY little detail constantly just for 1 match. it takes years to just complete one match. a working autoplay might've helped this.

in my opinion it is much worse than cricket coach, i was expecting the opposite.
Just been playing it. If you click 'highlights level' and click 'None', and then autoplay, the only thing that interrupts the match are wickets and bowler changes when tired/overs used up.

Runs quite smoothly for me on my laptop that is **** for games usually. I like the new layouts they have for team selection (seeing the squad next to the player pool is a great move) and the in game commentary card + scoreboard.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Just been playing it. If you click 'highlights level' and click 'None', and then autoplay, the only thing that interrupts the match are wickets and bowler changes when tired/overs used up..
Lol, what's the point, though? Why can't I watch the highlights and still be on "auto" mode?

That said, I've really been enjoying this version. High-res Widescreen interface? **** yes. Limited Over matches are a lot more interesting too, now, you can tell there's been marked improvement in the CPU batting aggression algorithm.

NZTailender

Lol, what's the point, though? Why can't I watch the highlights and still be on "auto" mode?
I don't know, I was just answering that poster as he wants to be able let it play automatically and not be interrupted by highlights. You can still let it play automatically and have highlights.

Would be easier to 'skip match' after selecting the XI and doing the toin coss if you don't want any fuss.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I don't know, I was just answering that poster as he wants to be able let it play automatically and not be interrupted by highlights. You can still let it play automatically and have highlights.

Would be easier to 'skip match' after selecting the XI and doing the toin coss if you don't want any fuss.
That's not his gripe, though.

I understand his point is that the auto mode is quite useless if it stops functioning after every highlight. It seems a bit funny to me, too.

NZTailender

That's not his gripe, though.

I understand his point is that the auto mode is quite useless if it stops functioning after every highlight. It seems a bit funny to me, too.
And my point is you can turn the highlights off so they don't interrupt.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Played it and its a bit pants to be honest........ things the is too much on the match screen

And if you want to play as Aussie Teams play cricket coach

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Epic innings from Prior, a six to tie the game and bring up his ton, then the single to win it with 15 minutes spare. Note also how close he got to a century first time, and Strauss' captain's innings. How 1st Tests are supposed to be.

Attachments

Jack88

Cricket Spectator
Well glitchey......Pietersen in the space of ONE TEST went from very aggressive to very defensive for no reason whatsoever, his strike rate in my first year was 66. in the second year it's down to 31. That's crazy, even worse when the ODI team is built on him.

Some weird players are way too good as well, like Broad, who averages under 25 bowling and over 35 batting, but that's nothing new to be fair since he was the bomb on 2008 as well. Panesar is another guy they seemed to have made BETTER rather than worse.

I do wish they could do some sort of international retirement thing though, because as much I love to play him, I feel I'm cheating when selecting Banger.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone else having massive problems winning matches? Played a county season and finished with 2 wins 12 draws and 2 losses. Around 6 of those draws were setting the opposition 450+ in 125 overs and them finishing between 3 and 7 down.

bryce

International Regular
Yeah, teams seem to stage comebacks very frequently, so often i'll have teams like 150/4 then end up bowling them out for like 350

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The ammount of 300+ scores to win in the 4th innings is getting beyond a joke. It's almost impossible to bowl a team out in under 4 sessions when trying to win.
On the other hand batting more than 2 sessions for a draw is equally as hard.

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm enjoying ICC 2009

:ph34r:

It's a good game. I like the new graphic shots of batting shots and dives in the slips.

I like the database.

I like the historical ashes series.

I'm playing Australia vs England 2009 at the moment. Good series. England 2-0 down at the moment, yet have taken a strong position in the third test.

Thumbs up so far.

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
Trescothick and Ramprakash

I'm playing them both.

Both got zilch runs.

LOL.

If any England selectors are reading.

B.T.W. I think they should pick Ramprakash.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyone else having massive problems winning matches? Played a county season and finished with 2 wins 12 draws and 2 losses. Around 6 of those draws were setting the opposition 450+ in 125 overs and them finishing between 3 and 7 down.
I find playing with England is much like playing with an England side of the mid 90s, I often seem to go from 140-2 to abput 180-7 on a regular basis. To be fair I have only played at home against the West Indies (won 2-0), at home to Australia (lost 2-1) away to South Africa (lost 2-1) and away to Pakistan (lost 2-1 also), so they aren't entirely unrealistic results, but it does seem my team throws away great opportunities to win games when realistically they would have won, mind you, it is England I suppose.

themightypierre

Cricket Spectator
I am still playing the 2005 Ashes version. I will stick with that I think. There seem to be good features but I won't be spending money on it as you can't manage Australian teams, can you at least switch between county teams ?

kingkallis

International Coach
Epic innings from Prior, a six to tie the game and bring up his ton, then the single to win it with 15 minutes spare. Note also how close he got to a century first time, and Strauss' captain's innings. How 1st Tests are supposed to be.
This game is pretty inaccurate!

How the hell Hussey scored a ton there :ph34r: