• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Interesting

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
This was in the program for the recent game at Middlesex:

(Written by Mr Anderson)

Somerset is not only on the hitlist of Middlesex on the field but also for activities of it! The transfers of Messrs Dutch, Johnson and Laraman were viewed as direct poaching and various threats winged their way from Lord's (and Southgate) to Taunton. That Middlesex went up and Somerset went down is irrelevant but you can have them back if you want!

The nearest Somerset get to playing at a Southgate is Bath. The difference is that Southgate is a well known Cricket club with a wonderful ground an facilities. At Bath, no Cricket is played at the Recreation ground and when we do go there, everything from the kitchen sink to the chairmans banqueting suite has to be taken up from Taunton.

The Middlesex cheif executive, long suffering Vinny Codrington, is a strong supporter of the new fangled modern cricket called Twenty20. He has overcome the shock and and stress caused by people queuing to get in; jumped on the bandwagon of sucsess and now claims it was all his own idea in the first place.

No doubt there will be long queues at Southgate to watch the all-conquering Somerset side which managed to beat the Scottish Saltires by one wicket having lost to them in Edinburgh by failing to defend 186 in 15 overs.

Seem to remember Middlesex going out of the C&G recently to an amateur side. So there we have it - two well matched sides!

Good luck Southgate. You deserve good weather, good crowds and a large bar income.

Peter Anderson

Any comments?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
This guy either has no friends or is going to loose any he has got. He's stirring trouble and picking a fight with everyone at the moment. I feel for you Somerset lot, how can you put up with this?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rik said:
This guy either has no friends or is going to loose any he has got. He's stirring trouble and picking a fight with everyone at the moment. I feel for you Somerset lot, how can you put up with this?

Err well if you want to here some moaning, get down to the county ground on a typical weekday...

Things are stirring up, and i hope some changes are made...

Still, ive never known any different, and nobody can admit that we just dont have very good players... One of the few sides i think never to have won a championship, or sunday league i think...

Try looking for some class if you want to win some matches.....