• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's Test Bowling Stocks

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
also penile dysentry has rigged that b team attack to make australia look worse. no way is that the b attack. it's obviously a 5 man attack yadav, siraj, saini, jadeja, pandya

bhuvi isn't in there. i don't rate him much as a test option (tho better atm than saini) and more importantly the indian selectors don't rate him with a red ball either so he's not really an option if they refuse to pick him.
They definitely would've picked Bhuvi ahead of Natarajan and Thakur if they could have IMO.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm pretty sure Bhuvi's not going to be playing tests again sadly. Kohli and Shastri really don't rate him, and have a perception that he is purely a white-ball bowler. Really hope this is not the case, but in all honesty I'm kind of resigned to it now :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure Bhuvi's not going to be playing tests again sadly. Kohli and Shastri just really don't rate him, and have a perception that he is purely a white-ball bowler. Really hope this is not the case, but in all honesty I'm kind of resigned to it now :(
Oh yeah this is definitely true but "our first four picked quicks and our first two picked spinners are all injured" is not a situation that comes around every day. I'm not expecting it to happen to this attack ever again. Under normal non-pandemic circumstances in which he wasn't also injured (I'm pretty sure he is, lol), he would have been picked IMO. They had no intention of ever giving Natarajan or Sundar a Test either.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
What's the spin depth like behind Kuldeep these days? And in normal circumstances, who's the next best #7 if Jadeja and Pandya are out? Saxena?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the spin depth like behind Kuldeep these days? And in normal circumstances, who's the next best #7 if Jadeja and Pandya are out? Saxena?
Nadeem, Saxena and Axar.

I know the initial response to Axar is ew but he actually had quite a good 19/20 Ranji and contributed handily with the bat too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
haha, if todd astle hadn't made the most random retirement ever india wouldn't have copped kyle jamieson either.

looks like australia should have debuted a slightly random bowling allrounder to bring the trophy home
Yeah but neither Curran nor Jamieson were picked because of injuries to someone else though, were they? They were picked to fulfill a specific role and I remember interviews of both team managements talking about why they were picked and what difference they brougth to the side, even before they performed well.

This argument is just silly at this point. The attack is very definitely a 3rd choice and worse attack (India B-, if you will), you can refuse to accept the obvious facts, but it does not mean its not true.

Flem274*

123/5
bumrah, shami, ishant, yadav, siraj, bhuvi
Yeah but neither Curran nor Jamieson were picked because of injuries to someone else though, were they? They were picked to fulfill a specific role and I remember interviews of both team managements talking about why they were picked and what difference they brougth to the side, even before they performed well.

This argument is just silly at this point. The attack is very definitely a 3rd choice and worse attack (India B-, if you will), you can refuse to accept the obvious facts, but it does not mean its not true.
what are you on about? it was a joke about random bowling allrounders screwing india.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
bumrah, shami, ishant, yadav, siraj, bhuvi

what are you on about? it was a joke about random bowling allrounders screwing india.
I really dont think Siraj was ahead of Bhuvi at the start of the tour which is when it matters for selection. I bet if Bhuvi was fit he would have been picked ahead of Saini and would have been considered ahead of Siraj. Siraj being this good a bowler is just a bonus for us.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The good news seems to be that we may get both Bhuvi and Ishant for the England tests. Maybe we will start with Ishant and Bhuvi. A little worried though as I feel all 3 of Ishant, Bhuvi and Siraj operate a similar MO.

Of course, the Lord will most likely play with Ishant as the second seamer, and we will go with Kuldeep, Ash and Sundar and some h4x tail batting. Think about that, going from 3 #11s in the last test, to really no #11s in the next. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I thought Bhuvi was out for the next six months? Or has his recovery been speeded up?
He is playing the SMAT that is going on right now. And word is he can be selected for the tests against England. Not sure if he will be risked in the XI immediately, esp. after our Lord's performance this test so far but with concussion and covid sub rules around, they will have a large squad anyways.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He is playing the SMAT that is going on right now. And word is he can be selected for the tests against England. Not sure if he will be risked in the XI immediately, esp. after our Lord's performance this test so far but with concussion and covid sub rules around, they will have a large squad anyways.
Why am I seeing this SMAT thing everywhere? Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy isnt well known enough to get an acronym ffs. I thought Bhuvi had retired and was answering bad multiple choice questions where all the choices look stupid for some higher educations entrance exam by the sound of it.