• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

india's mental state

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I am dead certain that India ain't winning this series without MVP Jadeja. So either England will win the series or draw it at least.

There is no spinner who can replace Jadeja and Ashwin is going to break sooner or later without support. So I have low expectations and if India come out of this without losing the series, it will be a success.

And I am quite certain WTC final will be Aus v NZ! In the final 3 games, India must win 2 and draw 1 to qualify. But I cannot see how India will not lose at least ONE more Test.

Prediction-
England 2-1, 3-1
or
2-2

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Its no secret that I wanted us to play Kuldeep for sure this test. But at the start of the test, we did not know Nadeem will bowl this bad. He bowled well in his debut test and has been one of the best, if not the best, SLA bowler in the country in FC. What seemed like a small mistake has now been enlarged to have been this gigantic misstep with the benefit of hindsight.
Agreed.
This loss has little to do with selection and more to do with England making the best of the favourable conditions and India not being resilient enough.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I am dead certain that India ain't winning this series without MVP Jadeja. So either England will win the series or draw it at least.

There is no spinner who can replace Jadeja and Ashwin is going to break sooner or later without support. So I have low expectations and if India come out of this without losing the series, it will be a success.

And I am quite certain WTC final will be Aus v NZ! In the final 3 games, India must win 2 and draw 1 to qualify. But I cannot see how India will not lose at least ONE more Test.

Prediction-
England 2-1, 3-1
or
2-2
Bold stuff.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I realise that India are notoriously bad starters. So even taking that in account, I don't see any second spinner coming in and taking sufficient wickets or even providing enough support. Moreover India are carrying dead weights like an R Sharma and A Rahane with the latter averaging around 25 in India in the last 4 years.

Only way India can win the series is if India wins consecutive tosses especially on Roads and makes best use of flat conditions.

But India doesn't win many tosses, forget consecutive tosses. They win 1 in 3 tosses on average against teams like England and Australia. I am sure some stat can show that. So I am placing my bet on England to win or draw.

If one's team is not doing well, one can at least try to make some money off their defeat which is what I have done. That way you don't feel bad, in fact you feel okayish lol.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Thread title should read Indian fans' mental state, tbh. I think the team will be fine. England played better and won in conditions they got the best of. Our first innings batting could have been better and our bowling on day 1 could have been more on point but both seemed to be a bit of rust in adjusting to these conditions, even if it is home, remember we have spent months in Australia and had like 3 days practice here, unlike England who are coming in from Sri Lanka. The side visibly played better as the game went on, so I would say its more likely we bounce back this series. Kuldeep or Rahul Chahar for Nadeem about the only change I will be looking at, for the next game.
Luck is always a big factor in cricket. If Pujara had not got out in the manner he did in 1st innings, India may have crossed 400/450 and there would be a whole different feel about everything.

But luck balances out, India have had their luck in winning back and back series in Australia and now the shoe's in the other foot.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only thing worse than India's mental state rn is finding out the pool at Jonah's isn't heated. This is a terrible development in the event the weather is cool over the weekend.

Kirkut

International Regular

Prediction-
England 2-1, 3-1
or
2-2
We need a bowler who can reverse it big. If Shami or Umesh are available for Ahmedabad tests, we should do well.

I think this was more like a practice game for Bumrah, he is accustomed to bowl on bouncy wickets so he was trying to find the right length when he was bowling to England in 1st innings on a placid pitch. Maybe we'll see the best of him later this series.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
We need a bowler who can reverse it big. If Shami or Umesh are available for Ahmedabad tests, we should do well.

I think this was more like a practice game for Bumrah, he is accustomed to bowl on bouncy wickets so he was trying to find the right length when he was bowling to England in 1st innings on a placid pitch. Maybe we'll see the best of him later this series.
True but any idea when Shami and Yadav are likely to be fit again?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There is talk that Shami could be available for the Ahmedabad tests but I am not sure if India will risk that, unless we play with 3 seamers and Ashwin and Washi again for batting back up.