• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's Best Ever ODI Spin Bowler?

Who's your choice?

• Amit Mishra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maninder Singh

• Venkatapathy Raju

• Ravi Shastri

• Sunil Joshi

• Ravindra Jadeja

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vote it out. You can vote for 2 players and you can change your votes if you want to (or so the poll options tell me).

1598191042182.png

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Kuldeep's figures have deteriorated quite a bit. I hope he comes back strongly including in tests. I'm a huge fan of his.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems a bit harsh that Mishra was discarded so soon. Was he only cashing in against minnows?

srbhkshk

International Captain
I put Ashwin there because he was instrumental in both the '11 world cup and the '13 Champions trophy.

vcs

Harbhajan hardly took too many wickets in WC 2011 but managed to be fairly economical which was OK given Dhoni's captaincy style and India's general game plan back then.

OverratedSanity

Mishra would fall apart as soon anyone hit like 3 fours off his bowling. Total choker imo. Would fit into the current ODI team well then I suppose.

vcs

Had a chronic no ball problem too which is unforgivable for a spinner.

vcs

India haven't won an ICC trophy but Kuldeep and Chahal were pretty instrumental to taking us to ODI series wins in Australia, NZ and South Africa. Bilaterals aren't a huge deal nowadays given rotation and backups being played but that's a decent achievement IMO.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I remember after the CT debacle I was batting for Mishra but was laughed at.

tbf he had a tendency to go missing as soon as anyone put pressure on him.
Also had a tendency to become a second ball and roll around whenever fielding. Pretty much all average to below average fielders here though apart from Jadeja.

Daemon

Kumble has a really weird home/away/neutral record - average of 29/45/26 respectively.

Actually maybe not that weird, I'm guessing Sharjah was friendlier to spinners?

srbhkshk

International Captain
It always surprises me when I look at a list of Indian spin bowlers that none feel like they are truly ATG's. Seems so very contradictory to the image of India always have a good spinner available.
They are all ATG at home, generally.