• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's ATG spin bowler

India ATG spin bowler

• Total voters

Shri

Mr. Glass
Here's an interesting question. Which bowler had the most variations? It'd probably be a toss-up between Gupte and Chandra. Bhajji?
Ash easily.

Arm ball
Offie
Leggie
Carrom Ball
Top spinner (no sure about this one)

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ash easily.

Arm ball
Offie
Leggie
Carrom Ball
Top spinner (no sure about this one)
Also the Australia ball. Slow, straight, never takes wickets and often goes to the boundary.

So named because it's the only one he can bowl in Australia.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll throw in my two cents and opt for Bedi. My opinion is based on what former players have said about him.

Although Gupte is really intriguing. Would love to read a good article on him.
Bedi was not good against Pakistanis, who were the best players of spin together with India at the time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Which one?
03/04 I think.

He bowled decently in England in 02 too, which probably started turning things around for him.
Yep, 03/04 is iconic. Kumble is not going to take part in the series. He coaches Harbhajan a bit. Then, He plays in the series and is excellent. For the most part for it, Kumble was absolutely terrible away from Asia. He learnt how to bowl outside from there on. Srinath has a similar trajectory where he used to just bowl short till later in his career when he found the length and was fine outside Asia.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kumble is a poor man's O'Reilly.

The problem India has is that their surfaces favour bowlers who won't be successful away from home.

Kapil is the most valuable Indian bowler ever IMO.