• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League

Laurrz

International Debutant
yep, hopping onto the hyderabad bandwagon

holy **** imainge Gilchrist and Afridi opening....followed up by Gibbs and Symo

DJellett

International Debutant
Correct as of 9:03PM AEST:

NOTE: All prices are in $US. Players marked "ICON" earn equal to top player in their team plus a further 15%.

JAIPUR

Shane Warne (AUS) $450,000
Graeme Smith (RSA) $475,000
Younis Khan (PAK) $225,000

CHENNAI

Mahendra Singh Dhoni (IND) $1,500,000
Muttiah Muralitharan (SRL) $600,000
Matthew Hayden (AUS) $375,000
Jacob Oran (NZ) $675,000
Stephen Fleming (NZ) $350,000

MUMBAI

Sachin Tendulkar (IND) ICON
Sanath Jayasuria (SRL) $975,000
Harbajhan Singh (IND) $850,000

BANGALORE

Rahul Dravid (IND) ICON
Anil Kumble (IND) $500,000
Jaques Kallis (RSA) $900,000
Zaheer Khan (IND) $450,000

HYDERABAD

Adam Gilchrist (AUS) $700,000
Andrew Symonds (AUS) $1,350,000
Herschelle Gibbs (RSA) $575,000
Shahid Afridi (PAK) $675,000

MOHALI

Yuvraj Singh (IND) ICON
Mahela Jayawardene (SRL) $475,000
Kumar Sangakkara (SRL) $700,000
Brett Lee (AUS) $900,000
Sreesanth (IND) $625,000

KOLKATA

Sourav Ganguly (IND) ICON
Shoaib Akhtar (PAK) $425,000
Ricky Ponting (AUS) $400,000
Brendon McCullum (NZ) $700,000
Chris Gayle (WIN) $800,000

DELHI

Virender Sehwag (IND) ICON
Daniel Vettori (NZ) $625,000
Shoaib Malik (PAK) $500,000
Mohammed Asif (PAK) $650,000

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
A lot of aussie and pakistan players in there
even though both the countries are playing during that time..

Edit: ha the tour is shortened now rite ???

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So that's most of the big names down. Looking forward to seeing where all the young Indian talent goes.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The REAL shocker on price in Jayasuria for mine.
Considering Sreesanth got 600k, I don't think Harbarjan was that much overpaid. Jayasuriya an interesting one, but looking at the prices of other spin bowling all rounder Gayle and Vettori they seem to in high demand. Afridi went pretty cheap considering those other sales.

DJellett

International Debutant
Considering Sreesanth got 600k, I don't think Harbarjan was that much overpaid. Jayasuriya an interesting one, but looking at the prices of other spin bowling all rounder Gayle and Vettori they seem to in high demand. Afridi went pretty cheap considering those other sales.
I thought Afridi would be a dark horse for one of the highest paid TBH...too unpredictable I spose

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No takers for Taibu saddens me a little. Would have been a great value for money pickup IMO.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Why would anyone pay that much for Jayasuria. What a dud. As is Harbajhan Singh. Love the look of Hyderabad. Isn’t that VVS’ team too? My money’s on them

DJellett

International Debutant
Why would anyone pay that much for Jayasuria. What a dud. As is Harbajhan Singh. Love the look of Hyderabad. Isn’t that VVS’ team too? My money’s on them
VVS is NOT listed as an icon player. Hyderabad withdrew the application for him to be considered so...

DJellett

International Debutant
Home grown player, he had to play for Chennai. Also it seems Indian players prices are basically double from what overseas players are getting of the same quality.
Definetly seems the franchises are as interested in marketing as they are in results.