• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
That brief 1-2 years period when Ajay Jadeja was doing so well as an opener and his partnership with Tendulkar was producing century stands virtually every other game. Got exposed against WI and Aus in 96 wc and never returned to open in ODIs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dunno if there had been scheduling clashes etc.? He was injured for the 2018 season. And has been around on India or India A duties for a lot of the time too. And I think they don't pick Sundar when Ashwin is available too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In another thread...

One thing we should not forget to do, given the brickbats (deserved ones, mostly, tbf) we give to Shastri and the rest of the team management. The bowling plans in both tests have been amazingly well thought out and they must have done something right behind the scenes if they got a team like India with the kind of media and fans we have, to come back at their best straight after the most embarassing batting performance of most fans' lifetime. Kudos to Ravi Shastri and Co. Hopefully we go on to win the series and this becomes a complete achievement for them.

Niall

International Coach
Full credit to Kohli, Shastri and the selectors for fast tracking Bumrah btw. I was dead against it in SA and now he's our best bowler.

Yeah if those guys were to consult the forum here and myself included its possible he may never have got a chance in test cricket,,,,but if I were Indian I'd still be upset over Bhuvi been dropped for the first two tests. A monumental **** up which cost them the series.

Burner

International Regular
Yeah if those guys were to consult the forum here and myself included its possible he may never have got a chance in test cricket,,,,but if I were Indian I'd still be upset over Bhuvi been dropped for the first two tests. A monumental **** up which cost them the series.
Let's not forget that this is the same management that dropped Rahane for Rohit that series. They got it right with regards to Bumrah but they've made some monumental errors along the way.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that's the best indian test win i've ever seen. how are you guys staying so chill?
**** Australia ****ing cheating ****s got what they deserve. "B-b-but we only lost because Steve smith was rightly banned for cheating. Ashwin and Jadeja are overrated subcontinent bullies and Rahane is a hack". And lo and behold Smith gets owned by Ashwin, Jadeja guns it with every discipline and Rahane makes a match winning ton. ****ing dumbasses got their big dumb chutiya mouths shut.

East or west India is best. **** Australia. Smith is an ftb, crocodile dundee is a **** movie, the great barrier reef is overrated, the sydney opera house looks dumb and koalas arent even that cute.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thats interesting, Daemon. I thought the only thing to consider during selection was whether you can win the next test.
I mean they could have debuted him later after Bhuvi got injured and he’d still be the same plus we’d have had a series win in SA.