• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think even they are that stupid and desperate to make a quick buck (wait for them to prove me wrong now).

Anyway, it seems the IPL will take the brunt of this thing, which is perfectly fine by me. Hopefully it will all have blown over by the time we are ready to resume proper cricket.

Daemon

They can still apply for visas. I’m sure they’ll be granted. The BCCI can just pay for them to all be tested once they arrive to avoid the quarantine.

vcs

Aren't they only issuing diplomatic visas etc.? Don't see why they should make an exception for cricketers.

vcs

The ministry also attached to the advisory the decisions taken by the Group of Ministers late Wednesday evening on the clampdown of several types of visas issued to travel to India. "All existing visas, except diplomatic, official, UN/International Organizations, employment, project visas, stand suspended till April 15, 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on March 13, 2020, at the port of departure," the government statement said.

ESPNcricinfo understands, however, that those connected with the IPL would come under employment or project visas, which is likely to leave the tournament unaffected as things stand.
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28890040/ipl-2020-likely-take-place-closed-doors

Tournament may have to be played behind closed doors. Seems kinda pointless to me.

cnerd123

likes this
IPL behind closed doors > no IPL

If everyone is going to be cooped up at home they're going to need some entertainment

It's gonna be unusual watching a game without the crowd noise tho. Actually might be quite fun.

sunilz

International Regular
IPL behind closed doors > no IPL

If everyone is going to be cooped up at home they're going to need some entertainment

It's gonna be unusual watching a game without the crowd noise tho. Actually might be quite fun.
Like Test match at Mohali

vcs

Yeah, on 2nd thoughts you're right. There's only so long you can entertain yourself by watching TV series, w@nking etc.

Daemon

Reacted well to it, good on him for that at least.

Sanjay Manjrekar
@sanjaymanjrekar
I have always considered commentary as a great privilege, but never an entitlement. It is up to my employers whether they choose to have me or not & I will always respect that. Maybe BCCI has not been happy with my performance of late. I accept that as a professional.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, in reality most host broadcasters do hire commentators with the cricket board's blessings. And commentary panels across the world have been rather cringe worthy, so while I do love faulting the BCCI, in essence, this was them just turning a dotted line into a straight line reporting structure.

Last edited:

Daemon

It lets them have all these annoying censorship rules, though tbf they’d probably have them embedded elsewhere regardless.

cnerd123

likes this
It lets them have all these annoying censorship rules, though tbf they’d probably have them embedded elsewhere regardless.
Remember when the ICC Media Partner for the 2019 WC tried to censor Michael Holding because he criticised the umpiring a lot? And they failed?

Well the BCCI doesn't have to worry about that. They can censor whoever the **** they want.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Karun Nair can bowl decent offies tbh.. But project Bumrah will go on. The guys that matter see something in him. Remember Kumble, Sachin are all in the MI set up and rave about him.

Always good to go back and see some good calls you made a few years ago. :)

And this too: :D Specifically about KL at 5.