• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yea I googled it. Can't find anything. Even all Cricinfo has down is the BD Tour then the World T20.
FTP suggests you've got:

Tour of Sri Lanka
Home series v South Africa
Tour of Pakistan (most likely in the UAE)

cnerd123

likes this
Are we still following the FTP tho? I thought that was dissolved?

Cricinfo has all the 'confirmed' series penned in (Ashes and SA in BD and the like), but nothing for India, which suggests none of those are confirmed yet?

morgieb

Are we still following the FTP tho? I thought that was dissolved?

Cricinfo has all the 'confirmed' series penned in (Ashes and SA in BD and the like), but nothing for India, which suggests none of those are confirmed yet?
I think it's only got the confirmed ones for 2015, not 2015-16.

I think the Sri Lanka/India series may be off, but the other two are probably still on.

cnerd123

likes this
Bhajji could be useful in a home series against SA tbf. Faf ABDV and Amla are all righties but Jadeja isn't really worth his spot in the Test side and if Bhajji is anywhere near his best he can be a very useful support act to Ashwin.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
India will probably stick in a series between the SA series and Australia in January, now that the SA series has been brought forward. Opens a window for IPL 2 (a short tournament they are reportedly planning in Dubai). Didn't know it could start as quickly as this year. I am happy we have 7 tests in the next few months.

OverratedSanity

It's good to see Harbhajan back in the fold really. While he didn't bowl much in FC cricket this season, he is a test wicket taker and some one who thrives in the confidence of the captain. Not bad to have competition for the places imo.
No way. This is the worst possible spinner they could've selected. Even if the spin cupboard is a bit empty after the Ojha ban, give someone else a chance, anyone.

OverratedSanity

I think it's only got the confirmed ones for 2015, not 2015-16.

I think the Sri Lanka/India series may be off, but the other two are probably still on.
Why's the SL series off? :(

Would be a very interesting series to watch. Both teams filled with youngsters virtually all the way through the order.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No way. This is the worst possible spinner they could've selected. Even if the spin cupboard is a bit empty after the Ojha ban, give someone else a chance, anyone.
It's test matches, not ODIs. If some one is not breaking the walls down, it's better to have some one who they feel can do a job. It cannot be a coincidence the Virat is captain and Harbhajan is back. Dhoni just didn't have the confidence in him which affects the performance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That makes no sense, Pratters.. Bhaji was the third spinner even against Australia in 2013.. He just sucked so bad that he had to be dropped.. In a couple of those games, he even got a bowl ahead of Ashwin... He is washed up.. That is the plain and simple truth. He has been coasting by with mediocre performances with Ganguly and then Sachin around and was dropped only when it was so obvious that there was no upside to having him in the side. I would have preferred another spinner but if India wanted a second offie, he was really the only choice.

Now he may not even play given that Karn is also in the squad and Virat rates him. But I am guessing we will go in with 3 spinners.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He was washed up then, but is he washed up now? I don't know about that tbh. It's worth giving a shot as it's not like we have lot's of other spinner breaking the walls down. It's not that difficult to understand HB.

OverratedSanity

It's test matches, not ODIs. If some one is not breaking the walls down, it's better to have some one who they feel can do a job. It cannot be a coincidence the Virat is captain and Harbhajan is back. Dhoni just didn't have the confidence in him which affects the performance.
I'd be ok with him being selected in ODIs. What on earth has he done in the last year to be considered for a test recall though? He's barely played any FC and been rubbish the few times he's been on field. Bring him in in place of Jadeja in ODIs if you want, he can definitely do a job. But he just should not be in the frame for tests, sorry.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He was washed up then, but is he washed up now? I don't know about that tbh. It's worth giving a shot as it's not like we have lot's of other spinner breaking the walls down. It's not that difficult to understand HB.

My point is very very simple... A washed up Harbhajan still happens to be the second best off spinner in our country.. And hence he has been selected. But he is not in great form and I do not expect him to set the world alight.

OverratedSanity

If there are no other spinners "breaking the walls down", doesn't it actually make more sense to give someone like Karn a go in the Bangladesh tests atleast? Instead of finding out whether the young ones are rubbish or not, we're going to fall back on a has been just to find out whether he's still got it? Makes no sense to me.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He has played 3 first class games and got 6 wickets or so. Also complained about how the pitches were assisting pacers. Has been in better rhythm in the IPL. I don't know, it's a Bangladesh tour - which could have been an A tour in the past - not any more I think - but still, I would rather have him tried now and done away for good if he isn't good enough than be tried v Sri Lanka or South Africa.

OverratedSanity

I don't even know how a spinner's rhythm can even be accurately gauged in a 4 over spell in a format where everyone is looking to smash every ball for six. And if we try Bhajji instead of another young spinner now, only to throw Karn/someone else into a test against SA/SL, it's going to be stupid and risky. Doesn't it make more sense to show faith in a young bowler through this BD series with the assurance that he has a chance against SL/SA as well?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
In the end it comes down to who the captain and selectors think can do the job for them. If the Harbhajan punt pays off, it will be really good for India for the next couple of years.