• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Rahane goes directly from being dropped for not being able to rotate the strike to captain :laugh:

I hope Uthappa keeps wicket to make a case for himself in 2019. Dhoni can retire/break down in the interim and we need a contingency plan in place.

cricinfo said:
One man neither in any of the squads nor on the list of the players rested was Ravindra Jadeja. Patil said the missing names not rested according to the press release were dropped. In his last 10 matches, starting with the World Cup, Jadeja took 10 wickets at 43.3 at an economy rate of 5.3, and scored 108 runs at an average of 18 and a strike rate of 85.03.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rahane goes directly from being dropped for not being able to rotate the strike to captain :laugh:

I hope Uthappa keeps wicket to make a case for himself in 2019. Dhoni can retire/break down in the interim and we need a contingency plan in place.

Finally.

Did a job at times and was a good containing option but he never felt like a threat to the opposition.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He was really REALLY good for a period. Unfortunately, it says a lot about him that the said period always felt like the exception than the norm. That said, he does have good ability with the bat, he just needs to work hard on his defense and concentration. Hope somehow he can find a county stint and come back a better player for it.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Kohli has mentioned that he will be playing with 5 bowlers and Rohit at 3 against SL. Is it game over for Pujara?

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Kohli has mentioned that he will be playing with 5 bowlers and Rohit at 3 against SL. Is it game over for Pujara?
Hope not. I'm a big Rohit fan but I think he should below Pujara in the pecking order. Kohli and Rohit seem to get along quite well, so it looks like we have another MSD and Jadeja combo going again.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
What's the likely team? I think Kohli is pretty adamant about 5 bowlers and 3 of them will be spinners. I expect to see:

Vijay
Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Ashwin
Harbhajan
Mishra
Bhuvi
Ishant

Dhawan's 100 in Bangladesh shall probably see him keep the spot ahead of Rahul Dravid Jr. Not sure who will partner Ishant - Kohli's preference for speed may see one of Aaron / Umesh selected.

This is a rather important series. It's the first realistic chance of an overseas victory for this young team. A good performance will give them encouragement for taking on RSA in India later this year.

cnerd123

likes this
Are we really gonna play three spinners? Urgh. And Nohit at 3. Bigger urgh,

Should have Pujara at 3, and Ashwin/Bhuvi/Spinner/Ishant/Pacer. The spinner slot a toss up between Bhajji and Mishra (although I would prefer someone fresher) and the pacer for either one of Yadav/Aaron/Shami.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If Nohit is at 3 ahead of Pujara, I'm gonna throw hands
From cricinfo. He is certainly going to be at 3 ahead of Pujara. :(

With Rohit Sharma being a natural stroke-maker, Kohli felt that giving him more time at No. 3 would bolster the middle order. "He is someone who, if he gets going, even in a Test match, he could take it away from the opposition. That could actually be the difference between winning a Test match and lagging behind throughout.

"So, I think that was the whole idea. He has done well in Australia when he has batted at three. I think he needs to get more opportunity there. Once he settles there, he could be the catalyst in the middle order. He can keep the scoring rate going. He is so naturally gifted that once he gets in, he has got massive scores for Mumbai. We want to give him that game time and give him ample opportunity to get that big score and in quick time."

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fmd, Pujara was the only guy in the whole lineup who eats up a ton of deliveries even when he wasn't batting well(like in England, or even in Aus). How can they not see the value in that? Idiots.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pujara was dropped in the previous series. In the A games he is playing as an opener, probably having to compete for the opener's spot now which makes no sense. Treating Pujara like this is so ****y.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's following India A vs Bangladesh A? Gurkeerat Singh had an all-round role to play in the first OD, winning it for India A, only for them to lose the next one, in which he was an all-round failure, and pick a fifth bowler for the ongoing (on this day) third game. Kuldeep Yadav is playing- same bloke spoken about as a mystery spinner. Good pick for this level.

Gurkeerat seems to have been given a place in the ODI squad, most likely because of his performance with India A, with bat and ball and on field. He's a very effective fielder and a smart OD batsman, but whether he'll be much good with the ball on a flat deck against batsmen who've completed a century stand is unknown- Yuvraj could dent batting sides in such strong positions as late as 2011.