• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazed that weakened Gujurat attack did so well to get 14 wickets for 280 odd before that partnership. Quite commendable.

indiaholic

International Captain
Pitch had some bounce and quite a bit of movement.. You know what happens to pitches like these as the match goes on..

Daemon

He looks a lot like Raina with the bat. That slog where the bat ends up way over his shoulder is pretty much exactly how Raina does it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah looks a bit limited. But maybe that is just because we don't see him deal with the short stuff in the highlights. Need to watch more of his off side game.

Daemon

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I don't think highlights are a very good measure of judging how good a player is anyways. Hopefully he gets a proper go at limited overs soon.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So apparently, the buzz is that Kumble will transition to a "Director of Cricket" role a la Strauss for England and Dravid will take over as the Indian senior side coach. Not sure if that is good news, tbh. With Dravid in charge of both U 19 and A teams, we were starting to see improvements in the players' even as they were in and around the main side. Do not want to lose that. :(

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I hope Kumble does better than Strauss who has made a rite olde dog's dinner of English cricket in that capacity as director.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I hope Kumble does better than Strauss who has made a rite olde dog's dinner of English cricket in that capacity as director.
Oh yes, the limited overs side is doing so badly since he took over and changed the focus on it.

Seriously, get that ****ing chip off your shoulder.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Because obviously it's Strauss' fault that there's no good spinners in the country at the moment, all that input into youth coaching he had 10 years ago.
How about 'playing Twenty20' first over v Ashwin? If you remove players from (test/one-day) international duty and allow them to join the IPL circus, that will happen.