• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bumrah's debut had nothing to do with Bhuvi's dropping though. They should have dropped Shami once Ishant was fit. Or made Ishant wait till 3rd test to come back into the side.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Does any one think Rishi Dhawan can be a good pick for tests? I mean when Pandya/Jadeja are not available, he can be a good replacement(as a number 7 batsmen and 5th bowler). I don't think his bowling would make him suitable for ODIs, T20s, but he surely can be a good option for tests.

Flem274*

123/5
rishi dhawan was pretty good on icc 2011

assuming everyone is alive, should india go this at home?

rohit
gill
pujara
kohli (c)
rahane
hardik
saha (wk)
jadeja
ashwin
shami
bumrah

gives you the third pacer and #batdeep, or do you go vihari or ishant in for pandya and adjust batting accordingly?

and yea idc pant batted good he can't catch.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Think we will be going Pant full time now, Saha is 36+.

Jadeja and Ashwin are proper batsman at home (Ashwin not so much anymore but they are still at least 1.5 batsman), so it always makes sense to go with 5 bowlers the 5th of which can be a pacer or spinner depending on the pitch.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I will just pick Saha as a keeper, or Karthik if I want some one who can bat a bit. There are 30 domestic teams. Is there no one else ffs?

anil1405

International Captain

Azharuddeen with a wonderful knock to chase down 198 in 15 overs. Nice clean hitting.

Puneet Bisht also smacked 17 sixes in a 51 ball 146.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant

Azharuddeen with a wonderful knock to chase down 198 in 15 overs. Nice clean hitting.

Puneet Bisht also smacked 17 sixes in a 51 ball 146.
Seems like promoting Azhar to open has worked wonders. He is also a wicket keeper. Guess a couple of similar performances and RCB will be eyeing this chap.

What I liked was the clean crisp hitting and not slogging blindly. The pick up pull shots were Yuvrajesque. And majority of his sixes landed well in the stands so he can hit them anywhere.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What's the deal with Sundar not playing a Ranji game for three years btw? Just cbf?
I dunno if there had been scheduling clashes etc.? He was injured for the 2018 season. And has been around on India or India A duties for a lot of the time too. And I think they don't pick Sundar when Ashwin is available too.
Wonder if they're regretting that at the moment.

I remember him batting 4-5 in the 2016 Under 19 World Cup. I don't think he made many in the tournament but he looked classy as **** for 40 odd against Sri Lanka in a televised game.

sunilz

International Regular
Can someone post a link to watch 2017 IND AUS tour.
I followed that series mainly on Cricbuzz because of busy schedule but can't find anywhere now