• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sunil1z

International Regular
Again, surface level nitpicking based on lol sample size. I don't think you get it, I'm all for changes and improvement to the point of potentially not having any of Rohit/Shikhar/Virat not starting or even in the side for the ODI WC and the T20 WC, but you've not said anything constructive about what are the deeper issues and how they can be worked on.
Give Shaw and Gill a 5 match ODI series as opener and see how it goes .

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I have very little time for bowling all rounders in the top 7 compared to batting all rounders

girish117

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Again, surface level nitpicking based on lol sample size. I don't think you get it, I'm all for changes and improvement to the point of potentially not having any of Rohit/Shikhar/Virat not starting or even in the side for the ODI WC and the T20 WC, but you've not said anything constructive about what are the deeper issues and how they can be worked on.
hasn't said anything constructive- and asks others to tell constructive stuff. classic. how about removing throwing virat, kl out and get gill and another person in outside of shaw. throw the bowling unit out except for shami and bumrah and scan for youngsters. no one in the reserve lot inspires confidence save for Umran Malik. Natu needs a look in if hes not injured. replace rahul dravid or he should leave of his own accord if he has any shame left. a distinguished personality like Justin stepped down because allegations were levied against that fella- Rahul needs to take the cue and not tarnish his image further.

Last edited:

Socerer 01

International Captain
ah yes the distinguished personality known as Justin who has made multiple embarrassing comments in the press since leaving and has his mates do the same to stick up for him. really distinguished fella that one

Arachnodouche

International Captain
There was a pic of Rohit and Dravid alongside on the field a couple days ago on cricinfo, both looking pensive, slouched over, with potbellies out in full splendor. I think it left me more depressed with Indian cricket than at any time in the past.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Really feel Shardul has let his fitness go too and it seems to coincide with him becoming rubbish with the bat and even more unreliable with the ball. Maybe he needed to stay with CSK.

Socerer 01

International Captain

Arachnodouche

International Captain

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Not a Rahane fan but generally batsmen get to score bucket loads of run at home in familiar conditions while they have to face difficult conditions abroad.

Our batters play on regular pitches in Ranji games and have to deal with rank turners in international games. It doesn't make any sense. We need more turners in domestic games so that our batsmen are accustomed to such pitches and don't find them as challenging in international games. Both home and away pitches shouldn't be alien to the batters.