• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There will be a time after this WC when we have an opportunity to move beyond Rohit and Virat and maybe even Bumrah for our T20I side.

Rahul (c)
Pant / Ishan / Samson (wk)
Hooda
SKY
Tilak Verma / Washy
Hardik
Axar
Harshal
Deepak
Bishnoi
Arshdeep

Plenty of bowling options, esp. for PP and decent batting depth too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can be given rest but you can't not have Bumrah in the plans for next big T20 tournament
I didn't say big tourney though. I just meant the new side possibly immediately after the WC whenever the next T20 series is.

2024 is in the next couple of years unless the definition has changed in the last couple of years
I didn't realize it was that soon. Thought it was not in the calendar for next 3 years. My bad.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Umesh Yadav wants to play WC. Says "Yeh Dil Maange More".

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
No thread for the India vs SA LOI tour?
Wondering the same. But I hope we see Ash-Axar combination against SA. I still think Chahal shouldn't be in the playing XI with these two around. Or probably the calls should be taken based on how many left-handers are there in the opposition. But Chahal being an automatic pick is not something good. His record against top 6 teams is not that impressive because he is picked as a "wicket-taker" and gets the easiest overs of the game.

Axar
Ash
Bhuvi/Harshal
Arshdeep
Bumrah

This looks like a pretty strong bowling unit while also adding some depth to the batting.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bhuvi is not in the squad and neither is Hardik. We dont really have a top 6 option who can bowl with Hooda also injured.

Rohit
Rahul
Virat
Pant (wk)
SKY
Axar
DK
Ash
Harshal
Arshdeep
Bumrah

would be what I would go with. Those idiots may go for Chahal over either one of Axar/Ash and weaken our batting and scuttle our chances.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They’ll definitely go for Chahal based on the last game. He bowled the easy overs to new batsmen and ended up with decent figures.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Bhuvi is not in the squad and neither is Hardik. We dont really have a top 6 option who can bowl with Hooda also injured.

Rohit
Rahul
Virat
Pant (wk)
SKY
Axar
DK
Ash
Harshal
Arshdeep
Bumrah

would be what I would go with. Those idiots may go for Chahal over either one of Axar/Ash and weaken our batting and scuttle our chances.
No way Axar will be dropped after the series he just had. And like Daemon said, Chahal might also have got a new lease of life after the previous match. So Ash most probably has to wait.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
They may play Ash and 'rest" Chahal though considering they need to trial the combinations and get players ready before the WC.

Rohit is usually ok to make tactical decisions like these based on stats.

anil1405

International Captain
They’ll definitely go for Chahal based on the last game. He bowled the easy overs to new batsmen and ended up with decent figures.
They'll definitely go with Chahal considering the amount of games he's played in build up to the WC.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Wondering the same.

not sure why I have to do it all the time when there are innumerable India fans here but apparently y'all can't muster more than these kinds of tour threads

Who is Marumani and why is he opening the batting. Terrible record.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain

not sure why I have to do it all the time when there are innumerable India fans here but apparently y'all can't muster more than these kinds of tour threads
Who is Marumani?