• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

srbhkshk

International Captain
Dhawan is a terrible t20 batsman, I'd rather have Pant or Ashwin open the batting instead of wasting a spot on him. Gill idk, he is young maybe he improves over time.

In any case Rahul's issue is not lack of quality, the problem with him is that he is ****ed in the head and randomly decides to plod on thinking he is playing the middle overs of an ODI instead of a T20 powerplay. If some captain or coach can hammer it in his head that that's not the way to go he is quality wise among the very best in international cricket, not just India.

srbhkshk

International Captain
In any case, I have long had the theory that any young Indian batsman who scores a century in Australia in his first tour there while we are having a poor series otherwise is destined to become the best batsman in India and Rahul is really frustrating me with his obstinate refusal to not follow the footsteps of Sachin and Kohli after having got that century.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In any case, I have long had the theory that any young Indian batsman who scores a century in Australia in his first tour there while we are having a poor series otherwise is destined to become the best batsman in India and Rahul is really frustrating me with his obstinate refusal to not follow the footsteps of Sachin and Kohli after having got that century.
The reason is he was not really young when he did do that.

Now, Rishabh, OTOH...........

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In any case Rahul's issue is not lack of quality, the problem with him is that he is ****ed in the head and randomly decides to plod on thinking he is playing the middle overs of an ODI instead of a T20 powerplay. If some captain or coach can hammer it in his head that that's not the way to go he is quality wise among the very best in international cricket, not just India.
Precisely. The guy's a really good player who's got too much going on in his head. Needs to be told that he is only allowed to play one way or gtfo.

girish117

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Facts don’t agree with your thoughts or feelings though

Rahul t20 sr - 137
Dhawan t20 sr - 124
Gill t20 sr - 126

what next, the numbers are wrong?
124 or a 126 is good enough if they can stand their ground against good bowling. historical data goes for a toss if the current form of the player is piss. kl is one of them. he seems like a guy who can get out at anytime. we are obsessed with stats arent we- which is way we don't criticize kohli for the past two years despite the team failing. same with rahane and that nutter called pujara for tests. it cost us dearly. but hey they are the best guys because they performed brilliantly in the past. On one hand we have finch who humbly steps down so as to not hurt the team's performance and then we can rahul and kohli who boldly insinuate they cant be replaced.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Less tedious, more brainless.
That too, but not entirely so either. I'm sure this guy has similarly "themed" handles on other forums and social media. All adds up cumulatively until it finds its way onto the thousand and one sport rags on the internet, and suddenly you have a popular sentiment against so and so, confirmed by shadowy "trusted sources" in the team management. Basically a case of some jobless ****'s pet peeve becoming reality. I think mods here should outright ban such accounts.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Insanity is giving Bhuvi the 19th over everytime and expecting different results. - Ankitstein
I've noticed a weird trend with Bhuvi's bowling. When he is able to swing the new ball at will, his death bowling suffers a bit and when he improves his death bowling, he looks toothless with the new ball. May be just something to do with how he is releasing the ball. Either ways, needs to do at least one thing really well.

anil1405

International Captain
Not overly impressed with the Dravid/Rohit combination either. Not making the right decisions/tweaks imo.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
By now we all know that Chahal almost always fails in key moments. But here's an interesting post I saw yesterday on reddit. All bowlers will have these kind of numbers where they'll have a slightly better records against weaker teams. But Chahal's case is particularly bad because he has always got the safest overs. Even in South Africa, Ashwin was bowling the tough overs when both of them were picked while Chahal was getting the easier ones. I think we should stop trying to include a wrist-spinner just coz we are going to play the WC in Australia and just go with Ash-Axar combination. Axar at 7, Ash at 8 and Harshal/Bhuvi/Chahar at 9 would also add some more depth to our batting.

IMG_20220920_222039.jpeg

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Not overly impressed with the Dravid/Rohit combination either. Not making the right decisions/tweaks imo.
I think they wouldn't have picked Bumrah due to a niggle or something. We clearly need Arshdeep-Bumrah combo to tackle our death over issues and let Bhuvi bowl out with the new ball. They can't really drop Chahal due to his stats but the guy is clearly a liability in crunch situations, I am not sure it sets a right example if they simply leave him out with the numbers he has, but I hope they make a tough call. In context of the last game, even the opposition pace bowlers got smoked, so the wicket was not good for pacers at all. Have to go a little easy there.

Kohli's form(except for the century) and Chahal's bowling are major issues for the team and Rohit-Dravid are kind of helpless because they can't just bin them. I hope Kohli shows some consistency. Not too worried about the pace bowling though, the fast bowling will more or less be sorted when we have our first XI.

anil1405

International Captain
I think they wouldn't have picked Bumrah due to a niggle or something. We clearly need Arshdeep-Bumrah combo to tackle our death over issues and let Bhuvi bowl out with the new ball. They can't really drop Chahal due to his stats but the guy is clearly a liability in crunch situations, I am not sure it sets a right example if they simply leave him out with the numbers he has, but I hope they make a tough call.

Kohli's form(except for the century), Chahal's bowling are major issues for the team and Rohit-Dravid are kind of helpless because they can't just bin them. I hope Kohli shows some consistency. Not too worried about the bowling though, the fast bowling will more or less be sorted when we have our first XI.
It's not just about the personnel. They could tweak game strategy. Following the same pattern despite the result is kinda stupid.

However i liked that they tried Axar in the powerplay yesterday. But yeah Chahal and Bhuvi's overs are a matter of concern. Stop bowling them in the same pattern.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
It's not just about the personnel. They could tweak game strategy. Following the same pattern despite the result is kinda stupid.

However i liked that they tried Azar in the powerplay yesterday. But yeah Chahal and Bhuvi's overs are a matter of concern. Stop bowling them in the same pattern.
There's literally no solution for Chahal though, he is bowling mostly in the middle overs and still failing in important situations/games(simply not evolved like the other guys). Axar and Ashwin at least offer some level of flexibility and can score useful runs.

Last edited: