• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

girish117

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I really think we need to be a bit patient. We are judging way too early. We have an excellent pool of bowlers to choose from going forward(with good bench strength thanks to the opportunities that the youngsters have got). It was unfortunate that both Bumrah and Harshal got injured. We'll have better combinations to choose from going forward.
"excellent of pool of bowlers" .....looks behind to see the pool is actually a swamp of vermin like chahal, death overs bhuvi, untested harshal, below average prasidh... and cringes.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
thats not assured too. what if they lose that one too? we will wake you up like the rest of indians with the memory of a goldfish when IPL happens. we can all cheer for our favourite regional teams.
You've obviously never had a goldfish as a pet. They'll surprise you with their recall.

girish117

You've obviously never had a goldfish as a pet. They'll surprise you with their recall.
well if thats the case I did not mean to insult goldfishes. how about comparing our brains to pigeons -a bird brain? the minute the next game we win we forget all the important losses before that.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
"excellent of pool of bowlers" .....looks behind to see the pool is actually a swamp of vermin like chahal, death overs bhuvi, untested harshal, below average prasidh... and cringes.
This is if all are fit.

Axar/Jadeja/Hardik
Harshal/Shardul
Ashwin/Washi/Chahal/Bishnoi
Bhuvi/D Chahar
Bumrah/Arshdeep

Even if you leave out Chahal(whom I dislike but his record is pretty good) and Bishnoi, we have two options for every slot. Also, whether you think Avesh has potential or not, he has played a decent amount of games and can be a good backup option.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If our 1st XI is bad and our bench is bad, then why are you crying about selecting our 1st XI? Who’s gonna replace them? The guys you think are cringe?

girish117

If our 1st XI is bad and our bench is bad, then why are you crying about selecting our 1st XI? Who’s gonna replace them? The guys you think are cringe?
i would honestly throw chahal out of the team. cant bat, cant bowl, cant field. if pushed maybe bhuvi can get a place and can bowl the first few overs but not the death. test harshal in inconsequential games. prasidh doesnt look like a bowler who can take wickets against good teams. i mean if given a chance i would throw chahal and bhuvi and prasidh out and test new players. if we keep cycling through the same trash then the indian team is not going to win crunch games. remember what happened with umesh yadav and ishant sharma? we kept believing they would get better and we ended up with more losses than wins. India lost and they came back with a nice check and settled for life.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i would honestly throw chahal out of the team. cant bat, cant bowl, cant field. if pushed maybe bhuvi can get a place and can bowl the first few overs but not the death. test harshal in inconsequential games. prasidh doesnt look like a bowler who can take wickets against good teams. i mean if given a chance i would throw chahal and bhuvi and prasidh out and test new players. if we keep cycling through the same trash then the indian team is not going to win crunch games. remember what happened with umesh yadav and ishant sharma? we kept believing they would get better and we ended up with more losses than wins. India lost and they came back with a nice check and settled for life.
So what would your first XI be for this cup given the injuries we had?

girish117

replace kl with shikhar or gill. remove chahal, get ashwin or bishnoi. kohli needs to be watched closely any more failures he needs to be thrown out and ONLY play bilateral series when the series is already decided. he can prove himself there and then slowly make it back to the regular XI. his place can be taken by shikhar/gill/rohit whoever wants. bhuvi needs to be shown the door and never allowed back. i bet 2 dollars he will keep failing. he is another classic ishant/umesh yadav. pant replace him with DK. arsh, natu, heck even umran malik (wayward bowling but still can get better plus playing in AUS ). if bumrah/shami are there thats golddust. if they still insist on bhuvi- bowl him out. dont wait for him to embarass us in the death. honestly there is only one person who should never ever be allowed to play for India- chahal.

anil1405

International Captain
replace kl with shikhar or gill. remove chahal, get ashwin or bishnoi. kohli needs to be watched closely any more failures he needs to be thrown out and ONLY play bilateral series when the series is already decided. he can prove himself there and then slowly make it back to the regular XI. his place can be taken by shikhar/gill/rohit whoever wants. bhuvi needs to be shown the door and never allowed back. i bet 2 dollars he will keep failing. he is another classic ishant/umesh yadav. pant replace him with DK. arsh, natu, heck even umran malik (wayward bowling but still can get better plus playing in AUS ). if bumrah/shami are there thats golddust. if they still insist on bhuvi- bowl him out. dont wait for him to embarass us in the death. honestly there is only one person who should never ever be allowed to play for India- chahal.
Stopped reading after you mentioned Shikhar.

slippy888

International Captain
India have basically picked the same team going to this world cup apart from 4 changes, how are things going to improve with the same batting lineup

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
yes lets replace the Rahul we accuse of being slow with even slower players in Gill and Dhawan

girish117

yes lets replace the Rahul we accuse of being slow with even slower players in Gill and Dhawan
nope i think they are aggressive enough. point is i would rather have these batsman who can get us runs in a jiffy even if its just 15 runs each in the powerplay rather than have a batsman play nervously and get out in single figures or zero. the first four overs you get awarded with good stroke play so you dont really have to slog it out. these batsmen are technically sound enough. kl not so much as you would like to think. he pokes and prods and embarrassingly gets bowled to innocuous balls.

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
nope i think they are aggressive enough. point is i would rather have these batsman who can get us runs in a jiffy even if its just 15 runs each in the powerplay rather than have a batsman play nervously and get out in single figures or zero. the first four overs you get awarded with good stroke play so you dont really have to slog it out. these batsmen are technically sound enough. kl not so much as you would like to think. he pokes and prods and embarrassingly gets bowled to innocuous balls.
Facts don’t agree with your thoughts or feelings though

Rahul t20 sr - 137
Dhawan t20 sr - 124
Gill t20 sr - 126

what next, the numbers are wrong?