• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Rahul will miss 1st ODI BCCI confirmed that.

Ruturaj (hand this guy a debut)
Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Pant
SKY (seems suited for a finisher role)
Sundar
Chahar
Bishnoi
Siraj
Prasidh

Although in case Ruturaj does well it will create some headache for Dravid. So I expect him to keep the guy on bench.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Rahul will miss 1st ODI BCCI confirmed that.

Ruturaj (hand this guy a debut)
Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Pant
SKY (seems suited for a finisher role)
Sundar
Chahar
Bishnoi
Siraj
Prasidh

Although in case Ruturaj does well it will create some headache for Dravid. So I expect him to keep the guy on bench.
I think Rituraj can wait. I've never been a fan of Dhawan, but the next WC is in India and someone with his experience can be useful.

Also, it's really tough to pick between Iyer and SKY. And Rahul at 5 has also been good, will get super tricky. The bad thing is, none of them can bowl.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Everyone tends to undersell Dhawan but the guy seems to make consistent enough scores albeit at a less than ideal SR. That wouldn't be such a problem if we weren't saddled with 2-3 other plodders in the top order. There just needs to be a no-nonsense redefinition of roles throughout the batting order. Anything less than 180 in T20s and 325-350 in ODIs being unacceptable unless the wicket is really dodgy.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The last WC required exactly those sort of 85-90 SR knocks that Dhawan does well tbf.

If it’s a high scoring WC we’re a bit ****ed tho.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I think Rituraj can wait. I've never been a fan of Dhawan, but the next WC is in India and someone with his experience can be useful.

Also, it's really tough to pick between Iyer and SKY. And Rahul at 5 has also been good, will get super tricky. The bad thing is, none of them can bowl.
I think we should have given him few games in SA just to see where he is at with his game. In IPl he showed he is a cut above other young Indian batters when it comes to inns building. Guys like Ishan Shaw were dashers & can be inconsistent but perfect for T20s with their quick cameos.

Ruturaj has decent A tour experience as well so he is not a totally IPl product which is rare trait among Indian players these days. Infact was picked in IPl side due to his run of form on A tours.
Now I feel we are not sure with Rohit's fitness we need a credible back up. So giving him few games won't be a bad idea.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian cricket tea shop bench can work too. Satisfies forum criteria of keeping it in English and also giving the local flavor.