• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
There's that Down Underdog thing on Sony if you have the stomach for it. Personally feel the series should've been left to live on youtube and in general memory (right!). No amount of incessant background music playing over the self-pitying rags-to-riches narrative typical of Indian productions can compare. The series was great as it happened; Gavaskar bitching about people writing India off, as they had every right to do after Adelaide, and then gloating when the victory happened, is not. Cheapens the whole thing.
Saw the trailer, looks terrible.

Chrish

International Debutant
Happy Gabba Anniversary guys ?????

Special mention to our young heroes of Gabba: Shardul, Washington, Siraj, Gill, Pant
The most surprising scoreboard I ever saw when I woke up in the morning and saw India somehow chased down 300 on the last day in the last game (I live in North America)..

It was like a fairytale moment of my life.. Pity I didn’t get to experience it live but was blown away all the same.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Harsha has lost his hair quite so early.
He wasn't as twitchy back then either. All the old desi presenters (Bhogle, Gavaskar, Shastri) were far more measured and pleasant to listen to in the 90s. Then as they grew into their roles they said **** it, let's embrace our innate desi-ness i.e. sab chalta hai, BC, we are like this only. Sort of like the old guy in gym locker rooms who's past caring and walks around without a towel. Admirable in its brazenness but you also risk getting teabagged in the face from time to time.