• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs NZ vs Ireland

Who will win the most medals?

• Total voters

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Based on threads in this sub-forum.

Which of these 3 nations will win the most medals?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As long as we do better than Sydney 2000, where we were terrible, NZ should win more than the other two here.

Looks like we have some excellent medal chances.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
We are going to man-shame India and Ireland. I would expect a minimum of three golds and 5 minor medals.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Olympics are clearly biased against the Sub Continent teams.

Not only should there by a BCCI representative on the IOC, but Kabbadi should be an olympic sport.

I miss the coverage of Kabbadi that I used to get when I lived in the UK. If handball is an olympic sport (and it clearly shouldn't be) then Kabbadi should be in there. WHO'S WITH ME????

HeathDavisSpeed

Hockey should go out before handball.
Disagree. The level of danger is clearly higher in hockey, hence this is a proper sport. Handball is just poor. I sat through the length of Germany vs. Sweden (yesterday?) and I was wholly underwhelmed. Hockey has been good, despite the poor showing by the Black Sticks.

I feel its time to spread the Kabbadi love, to be honest.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Disagree. The level of danger is clearly higher in hockey, hence this is a proper sport. Handball is just poor. I sat through the length of Germany vs. Sweden (yesterday?) and I was wholly underwhelmed. Hockey has been good, despite the poor showing by the Black Sticks.
Well, you did watch two of the worst women's teams in the event.

Handball has more players in more active countries. Germany are top of the world in both sports (on the men's side), yet handball is considerably more popular both among players and spectators. Suggests to me that the level in handball is higher. (Whether you prefer someone tossing a ball or someone flicking a stick is really a matter of personal opinion though.)

I feel its time to spread the Kabbadi love, to be honest.
No doubt an intriguing game. Beats me how they know players aren't breathing through their nose though.

HeathDavisSpeed

No doubt an intriguing game. Beats me how they know players aren't breathing through their nose though.
Well, its tough to breathe through your nose whilst saying "Kabbadikabbadikabbadikabbadi" etc.

Tough game. The sort of game that gets banned by the anti-competitive brigade these days.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Only one we could pick up now is in the K1 500 kayaking on Sunday. No other medal chances left.