• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India v New Zealand (WTC FINAL, replay-- NAHHHHH) at the Ring of Fire, Dubai, 10/31 Sunday (N)-- Match #28, Group 2

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Hope Shami takes a fifer in a New Zealand win.

See the sewer that is Indian fans on twitter have been abusing him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It really just depends on the toss.

Ideally, our side should be -

Rohit
Rahul
Virat
SKY
Pant
Jaddu
Shardul
Ashwin
Shami
Chahar / Varun
Bumrah

I know it is a batsman short but given our lack of allrounders in the squad and especially batsmen who can bowl, I feel we have to err on this side coz I feel Shardul can more than hold his own as a T20 #7 and both Shami and Chahar are capable of playing big shots at the slog. To be completely honest, I would have rather had Deepak Chahar than either Shami/Bhuvi in hindsight, but it is what it is. The whole nonsense with quite a few of the jingoistic idiots going after Shami means that now we HAVE to play him, basically. The good side is he seems to usually do well against NZ and if we bowl first, I can see him being successful. It also gives us 4 options to bowl in the powerplay. They may play Varun ahead of Chahar and I am ok with that, except that it is a big let down in terms of batting and fielding and so he has to be really good to make up for it, with the ball.

Having said all that, I feel we wont see many changes in the side at all. The only change they may do is bring in Shardul for Bhuvi.

Rohit
Rahul
Virat
SKY
Pant
Pandya
Jaddu
Lord
Shami
Varun
Bumrah

The side itself is not actually that bad. But the bowling has to be spot on. One good thing could be that we can use Varun in the PP for more than 1 over. It really just comes down to the toss, I feel.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Nz just don't have a good t20 side in general.... but hey if there was ever a time to get some luck, it would be against our fav opponents, india :)

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
if markram can bowl so much rohit should bowl an over or two and see if he can get away with conceding less than 15 off his 2 overs

kishan
rahul
kohli
rohit - 6
SKY - 7
pant
jadeja - 4
pandya - 5
lord - 3
chahar - 2
bumrah - 1

that is a much better t20 team. sky is a part timer who can bowl both military mediums and spin. if we can steal 2-3 tight overs off sky/rohit we would do so much better