• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India squad for England to be picked on July 2

biased indian

International Coach
India squad for England to be picked on July 2

ideally it will be 15 man squad may be can go upto 16 so who all will be there

Test Squad..

Sure as of today

Sachin Tendulkar
M S Dhoni
Rahul Dravid
V V S Laxman
Harbhajan
Ishanth IMO

Will be there if injury free

V Sehwag
G Gambir
Z khan

In with Good chance

Raina
M Vijay
Sreesanth
Praveen
Munaf Patel
Kohli -- he will score a couple of hundreds in the remaining matches in WI

Outsiders

Parthiv patel -- if 16 man squad
Amit mishra/Ojha -- if second spinners selected
Yuvraj -- if all other option in WI fail miserably

What do you guys think..any other names with any chance

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think you forgot Pujara.

And Maybe Badrinath if he gets a chance in Windies.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Think it'll be:

Sehwag, Gambhir, Vijay, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Raina, Pujara, Dhoni, Harbhajan, Mishra/Ojha, Zaheer, Ishant, Sreesanth, Praveen, Munaf.

With Munaf missing out if it's only a 15-man squad.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, English Fans should be cheering on Raina as much as they can in the West Indies series as if he does well here he gets into the Indian side for England ,i think which i can see being a disaster.

biased indian

International Coach
Think it'll be:

Sehwag, Gambhir, Vijay, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Raina, Pujara, Dhoni, Harbhajan, Mishra/Ojha, Zaheer, Ishant, Sreesanth, Praveen, Munaf.

With Munaf missing out if it's only a 15-man squad.
is pujara injured rt now..or is he in WI

in either case don't think they will take him ahead of Kohli and Badrinath..

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
2nd July thats after the second test match right? then I cant see Badrinath in that squad coz chances are really low that he will be picked in 2nd test match.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd go for this-

Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Raina/Yuvraj, Pujara, Dhoni, Harbhajan, Ojha, Zaheer, Ishant, Sreesanth, Praveen, Munaf.

Just hoping that vijay keeps failing.

Yuvraj's bowling could come in handy.

I also hope that patel (keeper) doesn't get picked.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Btw, English Fans should be cheering on Raina as much as they can in the West Indies series as if he does well here he gets into the Indian side for England ,i think which i can see being a disaster.
I think the perception of Raina being **** against quality bowling is getting incredibly blown out of proportion by the day. You'd think he was completely destroyed in all games he played. He has 4-5 quality knocks in the few opportunities he got and shock horror sometimes new players get out cheaply when facing two opening bowlers averaging <20 for the series on a seaming track.

If it was someone who looked more talented and played only 2 substantial knocks in the opportunities provided, people would be wanking over him. If Raina plays in England, He probably won't star but he also won't disgrace himself IMO.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
agree with teja about the excessive panning of raina. the kid, while no star, hasn't done too badly either. did play a couple of good innings in lanka, if memory serves. dug india out a deep hole in this match.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think the perception of Raina being **** against quality bowling is getting incredibly blown out of proportion by the day. You'd think he was completely destroyed in all games he played. He has 4-5 quality knocks in the few opportunities he got and shock horror sometimes new players get out cheaply when facing two opening bowlers averaging <20 for the series on a seaming track.

If it was someone who looked more talented and played only 2 substantial knocks in the opportunities provided, people would be wanking over him. If Raina plays in England, He probably won't star but he also won't disgrace himself IMO.
Disagree tbh.

Made the same prediction months in advance of the South African series after he had a stellar Srilanka series.
The same things were said ,but then he had a poor NZ series and looked completely clueless both in SA tests and ODI's and got dropped after one test.

He may do better against England specially on the tracks where there is less swing and bounce but can't see him doing too much on seaming tracks or when he is needed the most.

He is a type of player who is pretty good ,infact maybe better than the alternatives perhaps on certain slowish lowish and two paced surfaces.
But is way behind the alternatives on Bouncy tracks or against Swing bowling.
So got to be careful and wary of that in selections. Can see Tremlett troubling him a lot and him being caught in the slips on a few occasions as Morkel got him.

Cruxdude

International Debutant

AWTA, he is not the best of players in tough conditions but if some guy can tough it out and improve it will be Raina.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Feel sorry for him, but in this cut throat competition he needed to perform in the ODI series. Looking out of his depth in them certainly did not help his cause.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I watched all the ODI's and barring the 4th one he did not look bad at all in any of the ODI's.
Also was MOTM in the T20 IIRC.

It is not like he mega failed in 20 matches or something.Do not know from where this out of depth stuff is coming from?

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

agree with teja about the excessive panning of raina. the kid, while no star, hasn't done too badly either. did play a couple of good innings in lanka, if memory serves. dug india out a deep hole in this match.
AWTA, he is not the best of players in tough conditions but if some guy can tough it out and improve it will be Raina.
Couldn't agree more with the general sentiment, I think the guy has a real good temperament and a thirst to improve, but I fear Anderson and Tremlett in England will be a nightmare matchup for him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
His attitude is pretty good. Never disagreed with it.

But he has a big problem on lively seaming pitches in ODI's too and will probably do another SA in england too ,even though there will be lesser bounce and more swing.

If the match was being played on a low scoring ,two paced ,inconsistent bounce pitch i would have no hesitations picking him.
In fact even if those are tougher conditions for batsman ,he is pretty good at those as opposed to the ones mentioned above.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I think England will be able to exploit more natural bounce with their attack than South Africa. If you watched the Sri Lanka series, Broad, but especially Tremlett, were extracting bounce from good length deliveries.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
If everybody's fit:

Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Suresh Raina, Mahendra Dhoni*+, Harbhajan Singh, Praveen Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Santhakumaran Sreesanth, Amit Mishra.

For the last spot, Murali Vijay (probably him, it will be)/Virat Kohli/Yuvraj Singh