• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India-Pakistan air conflict

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A newsletter I subscribe to reported this news under the headline ‘My Opt-in Pension is Increasingly Looking Like a Bad Deal’.

harsh.ag

Hall of Fame Member
Did India shoot down a Pakistani F-16. Ugh, can't believe I am posting times of India, :sick:

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/pa...uri-sector-officials/articleshow/68182444.cms
And Pakistan claiming it shot down two Indian aircraft? Really? Is this true? This is escalating quickly :blink:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/27/...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage
Statement from India's foreign ministry spokesman:

India had informed about Counter Terrorism action it took yesterday against a training camp of Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) in Pakistan based on credible evidence that JeM intended to launch more attacks. Against this Counter Terrorism Action, Pakistan has responded this morning by using its Air Force to target military installations on the Indian side. Due to our high state of readiness and alertness, Pakistan’s attempts were foiled successfully.

The Pakistan Air Force was detected and the Indian Air Force responded instantly. In that aerial engagement, one Pakistan Air Force fighter aircraft was shot down by a MiG 21 Bison of the Indian Air Force. The Pakistani aircraft was seen by ground forces falling from the sky on the Pakistan side. In this engagement, we have unfortunately lost one MiG 21. The pilot is missing in action. Pakistan has claimed that he is in their custody. We are ascertaining the facts.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Is Pakistan claiming that? During their incursion into Indian side of the border? That would be admission of escalating the war while they are saying they don't want to escalate.
I don't know if Pakistan actually crossed over. Seems unlikely. Indian jets either shot in Pakistan airspace or close to LOC according to Pakistani version of events. They claim they have an Indian wing Commander in custody after shooting down the plane. Not sure how true that is either.

andmark

International Captain
I realise cricket is hardly important at this point, but what would the likelihood of the two countries refusing to face each other at the World Cup be if this doesn't sort itself out (as an aside, knowing this dysfunctional relationship, they'll both reach the final...)?

trundler

Hall of Fame Member
It of course is. But I am happy to learn something that I don't know about due to my Indocentricism. Like names of organized terror groups operating out of India that plan suicide bombings in Pakistan?
Baloch Liberation Movement.

trundler

Hall of Fame Member
So what's the status on the Indian claim of downing an F16? MIG 21 and the Wing Commander are confirmed now.

trundler

Hall of Fame Member
Where this happened matters a lot. I'm hearing they crossed over into Pakistani territory here but news cant be trusted atm.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Is Pakistan claiming that? During their incursion into Indian side of the border? That would be admission of escalating the war while they are saying they don't want to escalate.
Ugh, you might have a point. Difficult to tell.

"Pakistan’s Ghafoor said the Indian jets had been shot down after Pakistani planes earlier flew across the Line of Control, the de facto border in Kashmir, to the Indian side in a show of strength, hitting non-military targets including supply depots."

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/sout...-india-urges-no-escalation-after-pakistan-air

Spark

Global Moderator
so uh not going to be all antiquated and all but is literally any of this actually legal under international law

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Yeah, it looks dodgy as hell.

Meanwhile Imran had again caller out for peace talks. He clearly wants to play the world cup :ph34r:

Jokes aside India should give Imran a chance

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also let's remind ourselves that MiG-21s were first entered into service in the 1950s! Why is any military still using them? I am shocked any of them still take off.

Victor Ian

International Vice-Captain
India needs to ditch Modi (tfc) and vote Kapil Dev PM and then let the countries play a 5 test series each 2 years for control over Kashmir in between series.