• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

INDIA,clearly seemed to lift the trophy.

Ridhwa Sarkar

Cricket Spectator
In this league,India is the most balanced team.They have all the wepons in their kit bags.It starts from the great batting line up & finishes with the best bowling line up India have ever got.Young legs will add extra advantages on their fielding,though the match against Pak was an exceptional one.Only S.Africa& Australia(yes,its Aus,instead of England,because of having an ordinary bowling line up)are seemed to be compilible with this team.On 20th June,its gonna be V.k to lift first icc trophy of his carrer.

smash84

The Tiger King
India will make it to the final not sure about winning. England will get eliminated in the semis, that's the feeling that I get

centurymaker

International Captain
England should be able to comfortably win this tournament. Immense batting power. I can't see any team out-batting them.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
India yet to be properly challenged. South Africa and England will be difficult to overcome.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
India will make it to the final not sure about winning. England will get eliminated in the semis, that's the feeling that I get
England will most likely face South Africa in the semis. You reckon Saffers will beat them in a KO? Not saying it can't happen but Saffers have not looked the best team and they don't win Knockouts on the best of days

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I do think this might be the year of either the Saffers or the Aussies. For some reason I am not sure if England can win it. But mind you, if India ain't gonna win, my next best choice will be England. So good to watch they are as a LO team.

Ridhwa Sarkar

Cricket Spectator
see,its a game of uncertainity.its truly difficult to pick winner at this very early stage.but seeing the line up on the field & off the field (ashwin,rahane,sami),i have come to this conclusion.

Ridhwa Sarkar

Cricket Spectator
England will be tested aginst Australia.Both their 'Immense batting power' & ordinary bowling attack will have to fight very hard just for a close victory against Australia,

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed. Australia will treat this as a QF match and it is essentially a KO game for them and Australia's record in KO games is unbelievable. And England's record in dead rubbers which is what that game is for them isn't great. It's not a criticism but I guess it is natural to kinda lose the intensity in a dead rubber even if you try not to.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do think this might be the year of either the Saffers or the Aussies. For some reason I am not sure if England can win it. But mind you, if India ain't gonna win, my next best choice will be England. So good to watch they are as a LO team.
This is some proper hedging

tobe_ornot2

Banned
I originally called for an Eng v Aus final and that is teh way it would have been if not for rain, although Aus may still sneak in.

Personally, I think the tournament hinges on SA v India. Whoever tops that group will play the number 2 from group A, which will be NZ or Aus. SA have the beating of NZ but not Aus, whereas India I think would struggle to beat either.

Either way, I guarantee India is not winning this tournament. Their batting is based far too much on how an old Yuvi does down the order and their bowling looks mediocre at best. Most of these guys average 35 or more. I know England's bowling isn't any better but they have more variety and a better batting line up.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol when you compare Top 3 batsmen in LO Cricket today, first you start with India, then you have daylight, then Australia/South Africa/England. Roy/Hales have been smashing it for what just over 2 years now? Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli have been the backbone of that side for double that time, won a major trophy and made Semis of another during that time. Experience and career stats triumph over current flavour of the month.

Their batting never went out of first gear and looked like sleep walking at times and still ended up with 324. You're writing off a quality side with the track record to prove it for some inexplicable reasons.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
^ Not to mention Indian bowlers with their mediocre "over 35 career averages" find a way to step it up when it actually matters in ICC tournaments.

Anyway, I doubt any logical arguments are likely to change his opinion of India all that much.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol when you compare Top 3 batsmen in LO Cricket today, first you start with India, then you have daylight, then Australia/South Africa/England. Roy/Hales have been smashing it for what just over 2 years now? Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli have been the backbone of that side for double that time, won a major trophy and made Semis of another during that time. Experience and career stats triumph over current flavour of the month.

Their batting never went out of first gear and looked like sleep walking at times and still ended up with 324. You're writing of a quality side with the track record to prove it for some inexplicable reasons.

I think his reasons have been extremely explicable from his posts, TBH. :p

Motorwada

Banned
^ Not to mention Indian bowlers with their mediocre "over 35 career averages" find a way to step it up when it actually matters in ICC tournaments.

Anyway, I doubt any logical arguments are likely to change his opinion of India all that much.
Also factually incorrect as well. Only Bhuvi averages iver 35 but has an economy below 5. Others all are below 35. Shami/Bumrah below 25.