• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inclusivity draft

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
In this draft, your XI must be inclusive and non-discriminatory in four ways:
- Age: the team must represent each 20 year period from 1880-2020 (i.e. at least one player who played Tests in 1880-1900, another who played in 1900-1920, another from 1920-1940, and so on up to 2000-2020).
- Continent: Each of Africa, America, Asia, Australasia and Europe must be represented by at least one player.
- Technique: Your XI must include at least one player who batted and bowled right-handed; one who batted and bowled left-handed; one who batted right-handed and bowled left-handed; one who batted left-handed and bowled right-handed
- Gender: Your XI must include at least one man and at least one woman.

Note that each player can only represent one option for each category (e.g. if you pick Nawab of Pataudi sr, he could represent either 1920-1940 or 1940-1960, but not both; and either Asia or Europe but not both).

It also must be exclusive and discriminatory in one way: no Bradman.

ataraxia

International Coach
In but I'd like a list of those who batted right-handed and bowled left-handed and those who batted left-handed and bowled right-handed

Teuton

International Captain
What if there is 'no' data on what arm they bowled with?
especially if they didn't bowl

edit: don't worry about my question - i realised it only matters for 4 of your team, the other 7 can be whatever combination you like

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In. I'm certain I've posted a batted and bowled with alternate hands XI in the ATG thread at some point. :laugh:

AndrewB

Round 1 order:
Michaelf7777777
ataraxia
trundler
Line and Length
SillyCowCorner1
JOJOXI
AndrewB
Himannv
Fuller Pilch
Teuton
Pothas

(Usual rules; even round order is reverse of previous round; 8 hours per pick).

AndrewB

You can pick anyone you like, male or female, but at least 7 of the players must have played in Test cricket (including Women's Tests) to satisfy the "Age" criterion.