• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inclusivity draft

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Arthur Shrewsbury
Belinda Clark
Wally Hammond
Brian Lara
Ken Barrington
Michael Clarke
Matt Prior
Wasim Akram
Clarrie Grimmett
Allan Donald
SF Barnes

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Just on this, I doubt that in an actual game Jhulan Goswami would be any good with bat (or with ball, but I suppose you've got a lot of bowlers...). I'd bat her below Lillee.
Jhulan Goswami has a bowling average againt her own gender of around 16 and has been clocked at over 120kph. Her batting is solid too. I don't see any problem having her bat at #9 and having a bowl ... particularly against her own gender. I see no difference to having Janette Brittain or Belinda Clark opening the batting or Sarah Taylor keeping to the pace of Marshall and Steyn. It's all a bit of hypothetical fun.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
I'll let Sangakkara play as a batsman and pick Alan Knott to finish.

Barry Richards
Arthur Morris
Kumar Sangakkara
Ricky Ponting
Stanley Jackson*
Enid Bakewell
Jack Gregory
Alan Knott+
Wilfred Rhodes
Pat Cummins
Joel Garner