• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In terms of aesthetics, what is the finest test innings you have seen?

subshakerz

International Coach
I would say any Brian Lara innings is great to watch aesthetically. The 153* vs Australia is incredible, due to the situation and circumstance in which it was played more than anything.

I love watching Lara as well. However, I find his early career innings more aesthetic for some reason. Later in his career he seemed more compact. He was a bit more athletic and languid and his shots were just unique early on.

I mean, look at some of his shots here.

Xuhaib

International Coach
This was a gem of an innings. At a run a ball, iirc, after England had made 650.
I love going back to YouTube and watch some of Azharuddin it's a shame ge turned corrupt midway his career was well on his way to be 4th maybe 5th best depending where Kohli ends up indian batsman off all time.

Kirkut

International Regular
Out of all his 100 centuries it was hard to pick the most aesthetic one, but the below must be the strong contender of the most picturesque innings from him: