• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In some horrible form with the bat

falloutboy

Cricket Spectator
Hi,
I'm in a complete rut at the moment with the bat. Two ducks in a row, no score about 4 in the last 5 innings. I put hours of work a week into this game. In particular I struggle with picking up the length of the ball and the mindset of my innings. Any drills/advice? No idea where to go at the moment

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hi,
I'm in a complete rut at the moment with the bat. Two ducks in a row, no score about 4 in the last 5 innings. I put hours of work a week into this game. In particular I struggle with picking up the length of the ball and the mindset of my innings. Any drills/advice? No idea where to go at the moment

Hi KL Rahul,

I will start by looking to improve my strike rate.

indiaholic

International Captain
Agree with Daemon, a break might help. Maintain your fitness but stop obsessing over the game. Play a game with players a level below whatever you are facing now..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To give a serious response, just try hitting the ball well off any type of bowling or even bowling machines or just the wall. Middling a lot of balls always gives you confidence and then slowly increase the level of pace and quality of the bowling you are facing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah agree with the worm, just don't play/ practice at all for a while, after a few days without any action you'll get it up in no time

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ask to bat 11. Make sure you remain not out. Tell everyone after the game how you were robbed by the useless **** at the other end who let you down again.

cnerd123

likes this
My advice would be the opposite - focus on spending time at the crease and don't think about the runs

The Great One

Cricket Spectator
Hi,
During my playing days which are long in the past now, I got into a rut a few times.

I found time in the middle by playing a long innings was the best cure.

I asked to open the batting so I wasn't sitting around using up nervous energy waiting to bat. Normally I batted 4 or 5. From there I concentrated on getting the basics right, in particular my footwork. 80 to 90% of batting slumps revolve around footwork. Often at the top of the order you get a few loose balls to put away. Gradually my timing and confidence returned.