• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In Before the Knighthood: A Thread for Shimron Hetmeyer

Aritro

International Regular
Magnificent. Stupendous. Quite good really.

If you've not seen him yet, do yourself a favour and skip to 13.06 and watch the beginning stages of a great career.

They're gonna name a grandstand after this kid one day.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome thread. Seen him since he was 11 eleven years old. He was born to be a cricketer. A West Indian cricketer of the golden days.

The name of the local club he plays for is called 'Young Warriors Cricket Club'. He is the 2nd international player to come out of that club (The first being Damodar Daesrath, who played a couple of internationals for Canada).

Last edited:

trundler

How he built and paced his innings was indeed a pleasure to watch. Showed great restraint as well as balls. He's got a bright future as long as the CWI don't **** up.

SillyCowCorner1

There was one shot in that innings which showed prowess. It was a slower ball from either Curran or Plunkett that Shimron sat back and waited for. He pounced on it. Dispatching it to the cover boundary where there was enough real estate.

Bishop was like this: :jawdrop:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look forward to him and Bravo bossing teams around the world with huge partnerships.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I like him don't get me wrong. But I feel he's tried to slog every ball in every test innings he's had. Bit worrying
He hadn't played much FC cricket. I feel he doesn't know how to pace an innings in the longer form yet. If he does over the next year or so, he is going to be insanely good.

As it is, he appears destined for ODI greatness at least. He's averaging 42 with a strike rate of 110 and 4 tons already.

Aritro

International Regular
So this doesn't seem to be progressing as well as I'd hoped.

Hopefully his future ascent to greatness won't occur until after the upcoming Bangladesh series.

Last edited:

Beamer

I'm a bit worried about him. Firstly, he put on loads of weight.

Then Delhi daredevils handled him awfully, dropping him right after he started performing.

Now he toured nz with no match practice at all and sat on the bench. The likes of Hety and King desperately need to play some FC cricket and get some runs on the board.

Beamer

Ever since he got that girl, he's lost most of his touch. The girl feeding him well: roti, 7-curry, cook-up-rice.

After all, they're both from my county of Berbice.
What I do see is she is the only thing he ever talks about on Instagram.....

Aritro

International Regular
How it started:

Magnificent. Stupendous. Quite good really.

If you've not seen him yet, do yourself a favour and skip to 13.06 and watch the beginning stages of a great career.

They're gonna name a grandstand after this kid one day.

vs how it's going :glare: :

1628577044870.png

Last edited:

Beamer

Hety failed his third fitness test in 18 months to rule himself out of the white ball squads for the Ireland and England matches in January.

He will miraculously be fit again in time for the IPL. He is 25 so still has time, but it looks like yet another West Indian talent may well be wasted.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really. You're telling me Hetmyer can fail a fitness test for International matches that Cornwall can pass.

How much of a slob is this wasteman