• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Image Posting

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
20170107_151339.jpg

So I've got this weird issue when posting images that I've taken on my phone then saved to my PC. When I upload them to CW (using the insert image button) the pictures are getting rotated and appearing upside down, it happens in both Chrome and Edge so it's not a browser thing. Strangely though I've even tried rotating an image on my PC so that it's upside down before I upload it and it still comes up on here upside down.

I've never had a problem uploading images that have been downloaded off the net.......it's just ones I've taken myself.

Why is this so?? Is it something I'm doing wrong or a glitch in CW??

Bijed

International Regular
Strangely though I've even tried rotating an image on my PC so that it's upside down before I upload it and it still comes up on here upside down.
Without meaning to sound pedantic, have you definitely saved the image after rotating it, as opposed to just rotating it in preview mode or something. Just it seems bizarre that that wouldn't fix it as it would imply that CW is somehow working out what a image is of an which way up it should go, which surely can't be the case. What happens if you rotate it 90 degrees before uploading, just as a test.

Failing that, maybe open it in paint and save it with a new name and filetype. I'm clutching at straws here, no reason why that should help but this whole thing makes no sense anyway.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Without meaning to sound pedantic, have you definitely saved the image after rotating it, as opposed to just rotating it in preview mode or something. Just it seems bizarre that that wouldn't fix it as it would imply that CW is somehow working out what a image is of an which way up it should go, which surely can't be the case. What happens if you rotate it 90 degrees before uploading, just as a test.
Haha, anythings possible. Let me try again......this one is definitely now saved upside down.

20170107_151339.jpg

So still messed up. This one is saved at 90 degrees........

20170107_151339.jpg

This is really strange.........it appears CW only wants to display the image in one orientation no matter how it is before I upload.

Will try it in paint..........but seriously, surely it shouldn't be this hard?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
20170107_151339.jpg

Well that worked by saving it as a jpeg in paint............wonder what the difference is?

Bijed

International Regular
I'm just speculating, but my theory was that, perhaps due to their file type, the photos you took also contained data about how much they'd been rotated, maybe saved it as the original photo plus a series of instructions (the rotations in this case) to be applied when the photo is viewed/opened, and that this wasn't something the CW image system was built to handle, hence only the origina, wrong, image appearing here.

Since paint is quite a simple program, I guess using it to save the image (or maybe a change in file type alone) would effectively convert what I described above into something that shouldn't cause CW problems.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Dunno, the original files are jpeg too and not much larger file size than the one created in paint. Photos are taken on a Samsung Note 4 if that is relevant to anything.

Could be any number of reasons I suppose, but until I'm convinced otherwise I'm sticking with my theory that it is because I'm posting from downunder and the CW servers think everything is upside down here:ph34r:

Edit;

Thanks for your help with it though mate.......at least thanks to you I have a work around.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll take you to an appropriate dark alley and post you upside down on your sorry ass mother****er.

G'day Uvo.........good to see you back ****.