• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"I'm glad i'm not an Indian batter and facing Simon Jones"---Giles!!

nehrafan

Banned
Giles have given a warning to the Indians, poms have a new pacer who is said to be very fast and being tipped to being the next great bowler.Wonder how he performa, i can tell u that if he falters, Sachin and co will destroy him!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The big problem with hyping someone quick is that they can flop quite easily. Paterson from the West Indies a few years ago comes to mind. He came here with a big, big rep and ended up being pummelled. I saw him bowl in person and his first 3 or 4 overs were QUICK. After that, he was fast-medium at best.

Very Faa-Kin Farkney

Cricket Spectator
Why do the English constantly talk themselves up when they've done nothing to back up their hype.

It's so fun to put the knife into them when it inevitably goes wrong.

Jones 20 - 0 - 106 - 0

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
All this media hype, will see how good he is, he will be against the best batting side in the World.
I think some Australians will have something to say about that!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
His 'old-fashioned' approach to batting has impressed me already.

You can't beat a bit of tap from a tail-ender.

No fear. Now if he carries the same attitude into his bowling (which he normally does) he could make one or two hop about.

Rich2001

International Captain
His 'old-fashioned' approach to batting has impressed me already.

You can't beat a bit of tap from a tail-ender.

No fear. Now if he carries the same attitude into his bowling (which he normally does) he could make one or two hop about.
I do hope so, His batting was great to watch never seen a number 10 batsman trying to get the strike so much :D

And even Hoggard is doing quite well with the bat, helping White edge closer to 50 (it's ok LE Cork would have got a 100 right? ;))

And now C.White has bought up his 50 in 66 balls

[Edited on 7/26/02 by Rich2001]

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
i just have information from lords..the dumb english press have screwed up again....

the actual quote from giles was...

"I'm glad i' am not an Indian bowler and facing simon jones"

;)

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What a ***** bowler he is, all this media hype and this???
Sachin gonna blast him off, Sehwag taught a good crcket lesson to the English bowlers today

Xuhaib

International Coach
nehrafan said:
Giles have given a warning to the Indians, poms have a new pacer who is said to be very fast and being tipped to being the next great bowler.Wonder how he performa, i can tell u that if he falters, Sachin and co will destroy him!
I have a gut feeling he could be the difference when Ashes finally change hands.

Last edited:

simmy

International Regular
Any fool could see Jones had potential from when he first started.

In the Ashes he was breathtaking. Had Flintoff not stolen the headlines: it was his Ashes.

Certainly need him back... Mahmood is no replacement.