• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ifran Pathan

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Injury.
Much more preference on batting than on bowling.
A remodeled bowing action.
Pace dropped.
Greg Chapelli

Kirkut

International Regular
I won't blame much on Chappell here but he was not mentored properly. He was swinging it big in Pakistan 2006 albeit at a low pace but he even lost that, could have become our very own Terry Alderman.

Burgey

Sunilz will now launch a post trying to establish beyond any doubt Pathan > Alan Davidson.

SillyCowCorner1

I won't blame much on Chappell here but he was not mentored properly. He was swinging it big in Pakistan 2006 albeit at a low pace but he even lost that, could have become our very own Terry Alderman.
Or maybe T20 cricket killed him...

cnerd123

likes this
Pathan randomly being sent in at 3 in ODIs, and actually coming off to the point that he had an extended run batting there, is one of my favourite things ever.

Burgey

Didn't he also bat high up the order in a few test matches? I thought he had a bit of a run up the order out here on one tour, but maybe that was the ODIs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Didn't he also bat high up the order in a few test matches? I thought he had a bit of a run up the order out here on one tour, but maybe that was the ODIs.
Haha yeah they sent him out as nightwatchman at #3 in Perth and he made 40 odd, to which they of course responded by making him open in Adelaide.