• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If ODI cricket was changed to 60 overs an innings again

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The 50-over game is already on life support. Last thing it needs is ten more overs stacked on it. If it were to happen then I imagine all parties would adapt as they usually do. Initially I imagine totals would remain the same or might drop a little below the current mean on account of batsmen having to reevaluate their approach. With bats, pitches, and grounds remaining as they are, however, we'll begin to see the same upward trend in totals as the format sets in.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
The 50-over game is already on life support. Last thing it needs is ten more overs stacked on it.
People keep saying this, but as far as I know, ODIs are the most profitable international format, and certainly a England/NZ-type admin would look at commercial viability and see that even if they are less profitable than T20s, ODIs are probably preferable to Tests from that perspective, even if they seem played-out and stale to committed cricket fans. I doubt that could diminish OD matches as a format.

Last edited:

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
Kohli would become the undisputed best ODI batsman of all time (pending World Cup semi/final hundred), reckon he'd be best placed to really turn the extra 10 overs into something special because of the way he bats.

How do we reckon Sachin would have done?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
60 over cricket with no restrictions on how many overs each bowler can bowl would greatly interest me.