• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Sim League XII

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
BCB Extend 'Aminul-Houghton' Trophy Challenge to ZCB!

cnerd123, the Supreme Overlord of Bangladeshi Cricket, has issued a challenge to his Zimbabwean counterpart @JOJOXI

"Since our teams both suck and are unlikely to beat any of the other sides here, how about you and I make our matchup a little more interesting?"

"The winner of our match will get to choose the loser's avatar for 1 month. If we win, I'll select a picture of Aminul Islam for you. If you win, you get to pick a picture of David Houghton for me - or of another equally great retired Zimbabwean of your choosing."

Both teams have lost all of their games so far, with BD players struggling to find form, while Zimbabwe have been struck with multiple injuries.

Time will tell of JOJOXI is up to the challenge.

@cnerd123 - Would like an amendment for it to be a photo that gives permission for usage (with/without attribution). But happy to use a Bangladesh Cricket-related profile pic that fits that criteria if/when we lose (I can't say I have massive confidence in the guys! :laugh:). I know its very unlikely someone will sue over a photo on here but would still prefer to be on the safe side.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
How about I provide an old-school cricket captain profile pic of either Aminul or Houghton for the loser? Like the ones I was posting in the last sim league.

Will have to double check both of them actually have pictures in-game though.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about this for a while & I have to regretfully inform you all that I am going to take an indefinite hiatus from this forum. It has been a truly uncomfortable & depressing experience bearing witness to the recent spate of pile-ons, gang-bashings & crucifixions taking place as of late. Whilst I might not agree with the viewpoints of some of the people who have been victimized & vilified on this forum recently, it seems that there is no place for respectful disagreement on CW. I post on a few other forums semi-regularly here & there, but I never come across the same tightly-knit in-crowdedness that exists here. Reading the last few pages of the questions on ban announcements thread has sapped away all of my desire to be a part of this community any longer.

I am very sorry to have to do this & abruptly abandon the sim league as I know there are a lot of you, like me, who get enjoyment out of this. If there is anyone who would like to keep in touch with me please feel free to contact me via PM & I will give you my personal email.

Take care.

the big bambino

International Captain
All the best Jimmy. I'm disappointed as I enjoy your contributions and have been following this thread in particular. In a way I'm also relieved to see your hopefully temporary farewell post as I feel the same way. That thread has been one of the worst of many examples and has taken quite a few scalps. With those leaving chased out the door with raspberries, brickbats and other sledges. I share your opinion about an in crowd and believe some of the people in it the most toxic of individuals. A conair flight of bullies, moralisers, hypocrites, smart arses, offence takers and intolerant political bigots attended by fan club of crawlers and lickspittles. What a contrast they present to some of sickly expressions of faux sympathy in the MH thread. Only to indulge in some appalling examples of gang up bullying that makes liars out of them. I'll pm you.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about this for a while & I have to regretfully inform you all that I am going to take an indefinite hiatus from this forum. It has been a truly uncomfortable & depressing experience bearing witness to the recent spate of pile-ons, gang-bashings & crucifixions taking place as of late. Whilst I might not agree with the viewpoints of some of the people who have been victimized & vilified on this forum recently, it seems that there is no place for respectful disagreement on CW. I post on a few other forums semi-regularly here & there, but I never come across the same tightly-knit in-crowdedness that exists here. Reading the last few pages of the questions on ban announcements thread has sapped away all of my desire to be a part of this community any longer.

I am very sorry to have to do this & abruptly abandon the sim league as I know there are a lot of you, like me, who get enjoyment out of this. If there is anyone who would like to keep in touch with me please feel free to contact me via PM & I will give you my personal email.

Take care.
ok

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Windies team got R4 match (tentative):

1. C. Gayle
2. W. Hinds
3. B. Lara
4. R. Sarwan
5. D. Ganga *
6. M. Samuels
7. C. Baugh Jr. +
8. O. Banks
9. R. King
10. F. Edwards
11. C. Collymore

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like this Windies team is capable of winning the championship, after being runners-up in the previous edition.

I’m not like the Windies admins of the mid-2000s. I see talent and I trust my instinct that as a team, they will bring out the best out of each other. Daren Ganga is an exceptional leader. He have a good mixture of experience and youth to work with...

Any one who even shows a scintilla of weakness will get dropped like a bad habit. Case in point: Shivnarine Chanderpaul.