• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Sim League VI

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
If people are down for the 1928 - 1952 idea I'm prepared to run it using CC '13. Also happy to mull over any other concepts any people may have.
Sure, but can we ditch Surrey? They didn't win a CC title in that period and it gives us an even number of teams so no one has a bye. (I suspect whoever picks Surrey would have a team with players that peaked in the mid-50s)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Surrey are rather strong actually. They get Hobbs, Jardine, May, Bedser, Laker and Lock to name a few.

If necessary I could merge Surrey with Middlesex to create a London team. Alternatively Middlesex are even strong enough to be a stand alone team, admitting them would then create 14 available slots.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
True, on the flipside players such as Hobbs and Rhodes were most prevalent pre-1928. The 1928-1952 parameter was chosen to coincide with WIs debut at test level up until Pakistan's admission. Also lines up with roughly with Bradman's career (who I'm thinking will be available for Rest of Aust.) So the only qualification available players need to have is an intl cap sometime between 1928-1952. In a nutshell the league would feature teams and players from the 20s up until the 50s.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, plus I'll give them Gul Mohammad who previously played for India. It'd be a strong side though. The Mohammads, Fazal, Imitaz, Kardar et al. forming the core.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Available players must have earned an intl cap for their respective country between 1928-1952. Those who played for multiple FC sides will revert to the team they played for the longest.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
So I think the next tournament might consist of 12 teams, featuring players from 1928-1952. If you are interested and would like to participate you can sign up here. The 12 teams are:

NSW
Victoria
Rest of Australia
Yorkshire
Lancashire
Surrey
Rest of England and Wales
Pakistan
India
New Zealand
South Africa
West Indies (SillyCow has already expressed interest).

We'll see how we go with numbers first before starting a new thread. Any former participants/observers are welcome.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
what's the rule on players who didn't get an international cap but played their entire career within the timespan for the state/county team? Still got to suck it up and pick worse players who got a couple Tests?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Good question. Unfortunately since they didn't earn an international cap I won't be able to look at their numerical abilities using the cheatengine file. However I can always create non-Test players based on their FC statsif no-one has any objections to that.